• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Port Royale 2 Issues

england

English nobleman and Belgian bastard
Hey all

After reading the review on this site, I felt like playing PR2 again. It has been a while since I played it, and meanwile, I got a different PC. So I install the game, evrything ok, but when I want to play it, troubles occure. I get a blue screen and Vista crashes. I did soem search on google, and it appears that im not the only one.

I tried evrything: compability with 95,98,2000,Xp, nothing works. tried the cracks available on gamecopy and gameburn, didn't work(I don't get a blue screen, but it sais that I should put in the orgi CD).

Does anyone have any other ideas ? On the ascaron forums it seems there are different versions of the game available, and later versions do seem to be windows vista compatible.

The issue seems to be a copy protection system on the disk itself wich doesn't like vista very much. There are however different versions of the game and it is a bit outragous that ascaron doesn't publish a patch for it even tough it is an old game. The cossacks (a game from 2000 i think) for instance had issues with the nvidea8800, and even they fixed it.

Maybe somebody with a later version then mine (bought it in 2004 right afther it came out) could be so kind to give me a miniiimage or a pr2.exe file to see if it works ?

Thanks,

sincerely england

Back