• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Not a Bug Port Royale - Street Merchants

Rei

Sailor Apprentice
Greetings Community Staff,

After multiple tests, the following street merchants in Port Royale - Jamaica are bugged as of Build 14 3.4 Update. When entering into purchasing under the Items tab, if a player attempts to sell items the interface glitches showing that items have zero value and the bottom merchant total is missing number digits. Shortly after these glitches a possible CTD happens. Both can be found conveniently next to each other at the entrance port seaside.

• Randolf Potter
  • Brian Prew

Attachments

• glitch.jpg
    glitch.jpg
    337.1 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
hmmm....wow, do you have a savegame prior to this happening?
After the CTD did any error.log file appear in your potc folder?

I understand. But is an log file generated?
If so please upload it.
Else please upload a savegame prior to this (zip it so you can upload it here)

Indeed a savegame for testing would be quite useful.
Since all item traders should work exactly the same, I'm not sure why those unique ones should be any different from the others.

Very well. You wish for me to recreate the crash and give you the log it creates or you wish to see what I have now in my game folder?

I have multiple saves to test it on and it yields the same results. Here's the compiled log.

Attachments

• compile.log
    5.4 KB · Views: 104
All other merchants in Port Royale work just fine. Also, when you try to sell them the quantity does not change. It disallows the sale.

Last edited:
Compile.log has no clue.

The best thing would be your actual savegame on which you can replicate it. Then we can test it that too.

If the CTD is not experienced you can forced it by fast-traveling to any of the town stores. It seems to be more frequent when you go to the Shipyards.

I just played your savegame and had no problems, other than that these two guys are bankrupt and have no money. In my installation (very fresh and I made a clean new installation before going to 3.4 incl. the original game) it runs fine. If a trader has no money, he can't buy stuff. But I had no glitches or CTD at all.

Unless you have other savegames that are older and you want to keep, I would try a fresh new installation. This savegame works in a new installation, at least in mine.

Also tried the shipyard and local store, they just would not do business with me at all.

After buying something from one of those two street traders I could also sell something to them without any problem.

Last edited:
I just played your savegame and had no problems, other than that these two guys are bankrupt and have no money. In my installation (very fresh and I made a clean new installation before going to 3.4 incl. the original game) it runs fine. If a trader has no money, he can't buy stuff. But I had no glitches or CTD at all.

Unless you have other savegames that are older and you want to keep, I would try a fresh new installation. This savegame works in a new installation, at least in mine.

Also tried the shipyard and local store, they just would not do business with me at all.

After buying something from one of those two street traders I could also sell something to them without any problem.

These are new saves. I haven't dedicated any characters to this game yet. I just walk around troubleshooting to see if I trip on anything. So far you have succeeded. I need the others to produce the same so I am convinced this is just my installation. Thank you for doing your part for me though.

Last edited:
So the problem is no more :D?

One trick which can cure all sorts of weird problems, and which is considerably quicker than a re-install, is to delete the file "options".

If you are going to re-install the same version of the game, copy your "SAVE" directory to somewhere else, do the re-install, then put "SAVE" back.

Back