• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

[Portobelle] ship with Isabella on board

nevsky6

Landlubber
Hi,

I need to know if I am doing something wrong or this is a bug..
I am playing vanilla version (1.30), and right after I defeated the captain of the ship near Portobello, Isabella appears in the room next to it.. I read from the posting here that I need to get show her the letter that I got from her brother's dead body for her to be my passenger (thus continuing the quest).. the problem is I can't talk to her, I try every key on my keyboard and mouse, and I still can't talk to her or do anything.. the only key that does anything is a left-click, which bring me to the "end of boarding ship" screen and then after that the quest log does not update at all :(

so How do I talk to her?

please help, thanks

EDIT: Attached is a picture of Isabella <SPOILER WARNING>

Attachments

• isabella_intheship.jpg
    isabella_intheship.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 152
Try getting close to her, then looking at her, then pressing ENTER and looking for icon that shows up when you go close for example to store owner (in that case the icon means you can talk to that store owner). It should be there. If it isnt, then make sure you are as close as possible and that your character's head is looking straight at her (and there's no obstacles, ie chest, desk, table, chair etc.)

found the problem, she is the one that suppose to talk to me. but since every time after the fight I am too busy plundering the enemy and chests, the event wasn't triggered :(

found the problem, she is the one that suppose to talk to me. but since every time after the fight I am too busy plundering the enemy and chests, the event wasn't triggered :(

I had that happen to me once, the only thing you can do is go back to an earlier save. Or cheat to get yourself off the ship though you can forget about Isabella, the quest would be broken by then.

Back