• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Portuguese Promotion Reward Officer Does Not Show

Captain Dixi

Sailor Apprentice
Hearts of Oak Donator
I got rewarded a bonus ship by the French when promoted, sold it and kept the officer as a master at arms. Everything worked fine. Although it felt like I had this officer before, he had already all the stuff I give to my officers. However, no problems.

Then I got rewarded a bonus ship by the Portugues, sold it, but that officer will not join me. Already tried different locations on different islands. I attached the savegames just before talking to the governor and later on after giving up.

Also attached the system.log and compile.log

Had to change the ending, because when trying to upload the files would not show. So they are now called *.log.txt

Would be nice, if anybody could help.

Thanks
Captain Dixi

I solved the problem!!! The former captain / now officer seamed to be a model not in use or not correct. After I changed her outfit, she joined me and I can use her as officer.

Strange thogh, she also has the stuff I usually give to my officers, the wrong cuirass, but that might have been the stuff my officers had at the time I first talked to the governor.

If you do not want to investigate any further, you can close the thread. My game works again fine.

And as last edit, the next two bonus ships / officers worked fine again, BUT this time the officers turned out normal, they did not have any stuff on them besides swords and pistols.

But everything seams to work now.

Attachments

• compile.log.txt
    4.1 KB · Views: 72
  • system.log.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 96
  • savegames.7z
    590.8 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
I could never get the Portagee officer to join me. Are you saying that by changing that officers outfit, that officer then works?

Yes, officers that get killed can come back as a new incarnation.

Check your system.log file to see if there is something about a model file that could not be loaded.
Perhaps the code for the Portuguese officer is wrong.

I could never get the Portagee officer to join me. Are you saying that by changing that officers outfit, that officer then works?

Yes, officers that get killed can come back as a new incarnation.

Is this also this "funny" looking lady, a bit scary looking? If yes, just change her to a cute girl outfit and she will work just fine.

Check your system.log file to see if there is something about a model file that could not be loaded.
Perhaps the code for the Portuguese officer is wrong.

Something like this "Warning: NPCharacter -> trace node not found"?

No wait, like this: "Character model 'characters\error' not loaded"!

The Portagee officers I got were always male. When did that get changed?

It has been a very long time since I got a reward ship from anyone.

I have no idea when that was changed, because before I never got any reward ships, because my fleet was too strong already. It is the first time I play with only 2 ships. Until I get the original Black Pearl, then it will be 3 ships.

The Portagee officers I got were always male. When did that get changed?
It didn't. Should be 9Jd_por if I recall.

No wait, like this: "Character model 'characters\error' not loaded"!
That might indeed be it!
Do you have a Savegame with that wrong model?

Also, is that officer wearing armour? Does the regular Portuguese officer work without armour?

The savegames are in my first post. The one in the governor's office is before getting the ship, the other is after the ship and before changing the outfit.

And yes, she did wear armour, even though I did not give it to her. Like I said, the first two captains / officers from the bonus ships were already equipped like my regular officers. The next two were just normal.

The regular Portuguese officer should look like the model of Jack Sparrow as Portuguese Captain (like your Character Pieter Boelen looks, just with purple instead of green)? If yes, that character works fine with and without armour. That is one of my standard officer outfits, as you might notice when looking at the savegame.

PROGRAM\NK.c find:
Code:
ch = CreateOfficer_Cheat(OFFIC_TYPE_FIRSTMATE, "9JdSPor", 3, PORTUGAL, false);
Should be:
Code:
ch = CreateOfficer_Cheat(OFFIC_TYPE_FIRSTMATE, "9JdPor", 3, PORTUGAL, false);
So that's confirmed and fixed. Thanks for catching. :doff

Wow, how did you find that? That looks amazing to me, just one wrong letter.

How long did you have to look to find that? :bow

Uhm.... About two minutes? Loaded your savegame and saw what happened.
Then looked for your newly received ship's name in NK.c and since the model there did NOT spell out "9Jd_por" as I said before..... ;)
Of course it probably helps that I wrote that particular code myself. :wp

Back