• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Possible bugs (San Salvador & Antigua)

A.H

Privateer
After failing Pieter's mission in Turks island, I am no longer able to enter the store, shipyard, or any other building except the tavern. Is it apart of failing or is it a bug? (I failed it about 9-10 months ago, yet till not can't access the store)

As for St. John. I bribed the shipyard master, but then the dialog ends without opening the ship repair screen. I am assuming the command for opening the repair screen is cut; however for the store in St John after bribing, I am able to sell my goods; so the shipyard is the only fault I can see from this island.

As you can see on this screenshot; after I click and end this dialog, nothing happens, he just wanders away:
27.jpg

After failing Pieter's mission in Turks island, I am no longer able to enter the store, shipyard, or any other building except the tavern. Is it apart of failing or is it a bug? (I failed it about 9-10 months ago, yet till not can't access the store)
You abandoned that mission halfway through, didn't you?
Probably the doors were closed for quest purposes and would have been reopened if you had finished the quest.
As far as the game is concerned, there is no such thing as failing that quest. You just haven't finished it yet, which means it is still in progress.

It is quite impossible to take take care of all possible combinations of player actions and inactions, so there isn't much that can be done to prevent this.
The best solution would be to finish what you start. :shrug

As for St. John. I bribed the shipyard master, but then the dialog ends without opening the ship repair screen. I am assuming the command for opening the repair screen is cut; however for the store in St John after bribing, I am able to sell my goods; so the shipyard is the only fault I can see from this island.

As you can see on this screenshot; after I click and end this dialog, nothing happens, he just wanders away:
If I recall, he isn't intended to open the Shipyard Interface and it is just an instant ship repair.
DID your ship actually get repaired?

No it didn't repair I had to go back to another island to do that.

As for the Turks quest.. when the spanish attacked.. I wasn't there so the quest book says that I completed it, but last note "I failed to defend Turks......."

However it is among the completed quests as you can see in the SS i uploaded previously (Help the san salvador....)
23.jpg

Hmm, maybe the "Failing Turks Help Quest" code isn't fully complete then.

@Bartolomeu o Portugues, do you know exactly which code that is?
I expect some locators were disabled for quest purposes and are enabled if you succeed, but that is missing from the failure case.

I will try later when I have time to go to Bonaire and accept a new Pieter quest.. maybe can that trigger an ending for the previous; however I don't think so since a new quest won't have anything to do with the store & shipyard openings in Turks.

I will try later when I have time to go to Bonaire and accept a new Pieter quest.. maybe can that trigger an ending for the previous; however I don't think so since a new quest won't have anything to do with the store & shipyard openings in Turks.
You would need to start a New Game before being able to redo that quest.
Would be a good test though: Enable godmode and play through the quest twice, one deliberately failing and one succeeding.
Check both times if the doors are lcoked after the quest is closed.

You would need to start a New Game before being able to redo that quest.
Would be a good test though: Enable godmode and play through the quest twice, one deliberately failing and one succeeded.
Check both times if the doors are closed after the quest is closed.
Right, A.H should do that. I'll have a better idea of this bug.

Yea why not i'll make an account in a couple hours and test it.. but can someone teach me how to make the cheat mode? I saw on guide that you have to open that file and change numbers; however I was lost when I fiddled around and i could not succeed in enabling cheat; any hints plz?

If I remember, check the internalsettings.c in the PROGRAM folder. At the end of the file, change the cheat mod from 0 to 1. And in-game, Press 0 in the number pad.

^ What he said. The line should look something like:
Code:
#define ENABLE_CHEATMODE                    0
Change the 0 to a 1 and you're ready to go.
Keyboard controls are listed in "Documentation\Default Controls.txt" or somehting like that. The various cheats are listed at the bottom.

My laptop doesn't have a num pad but I'll try to work something out, thanks guys.
PROGRAM\Controls\BuildDefaultControls.h (or something like that) allows you to assign different keys.
Reset Controls to Default after changing that file.

Yes I changed num to F4..
I teleported to Eutheria, and from there I sailed to Gran Turk.
However upon arrival, was some glitches.. when i landed, the whole ship was flatened on the Turk port land lol
Then i saved and reloaded and it went to normal.. so i walked to the city, and entered tavern but Pieter is not there.. i also saved & reloaded again.. still not there.
Fixed my ship (5 days) and returned.. but still your character not there hmmm :S

God mode is deadly but gets boring after a while :p
28.jpg

I teleported to Eutheria, and from there I sailed to Gran Turk.
However upon arrival, was some glitches.. when i landed, the whole ship was flatened on the Turk port land lol
Please explain?

Then i saved and reloaded and it went to normal.. so i walked to the city, and entered tavern but Pieter is not there.. i also saved & reloaded again.. still not there.
Fixed my ship (5 days) and returned.. but still your character not there hmmm :S
If I recall, there is a character level requirement.
@Bartolomeu o Portugues, do you remember?

God mode is deadly but gets boring after a while :p
Useful for testing? FOR SURE! Makes for interesting gameplay? Uhm, not really, no. :cheeky

Well ok i started in port brazil in the deep south of the map.

I pressed my F4 for Godmode.. then i recieved 3 options on top left: Character teleport / Dialog / Ship teleport

I clicked on ship teleport, then i kept pressing down arrow hundreds of times until I find something I want to teleport.. and so i did euthesia island or whatever is called, the one near Turks.. then i sailed to Turks since it's near.

On turks island, there was some sort of glitch that when you land ashore, you land on same spot as usual; except that the platform of the shore has your ship stuck on the whole land. and there was 4 of my own characters like ghost lol...

I pressed print scr for copy of SS but it didn't work out. What I mean by ghost.. is 4 of me .. standing near me..when I move, they move exact same..

So I saved & reloaded that file again.. and that ship stuck on land is gone and everything is normal.

But I will try to hit some ships now and and level up and will see if I can start the quest

Ps. check error file in case there is something interesting there

Attachments

• error.log
    10.4 KB · Views: 87
I pressed my F4 for Godmode.. then i recieved 3 options on top left: Character teleport / Dialog / Ship teleport
That is because another testing feature is also assigned to F4.
I'd recommend using another button than F4 for godmode.

Yea i can change that.. for now the mode is implemented on my save file so i don't need to press it again every time.
Funny though, one of my fleet just mutinied and the screen froze at the "Companion mutiny" .. this happens to me always, I never saw what actually happens @ mutiny.. i always freeze and have to restart the game.

Similarly, at shipyards when I have big ships in my fleet, after i start dialog with shipyard man and go to repair section, there is huge lag and I must wait 1-2 minutes until the screen loads to repair section; but it never freezes/crashes like in company mutiny.

Thanks for the info I'm in the process of leveling

Try level 11 then. There is a level-up cheat too that you can use.

Back