• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Possible bugs (San Salvador & Antigua)

Ok we have the good news and the bad news.

Capture colony code you gave me are perfect. Except I don't get promotion; will have to do more enemy hunting to see if my relationship will matter from now on since a Dutch governor is available.. but I have very high reputation not sure why no promotion available. Governor gave me a quest and I fulfilled it, yet that's all I have for now... I hope after some enemy ships down will get promotion otherwise it may be a broken link... however I will keep you updated on that later.

With regards to the Turks island. I uploaded 2 save files, one is the successful quest (store and other buildings can can accessed with no problem), and the other save is a failed quest.. quest is complete but I did not attend the battle. This one is the problem where you cannot access any building except the tavern.

Coincidentally, when I started a new game, the Error file disappeared from my game folder. But now after recent playing, the error file is back, and also uploaded along with Compile.. let me know if you need other documents that may help you figure out problem.

Attachments

• FreePlay (Turk island test).rar
    1.1 MB · Views: 70
  • compile.log
    73.4 KB · Views: 75
  • error.log
    1.8 KB · Views: 73
Capture colony code you gave me are perfect. Except I don't get promotion; will have to do more enemy hunting to see if my relationship will matter from now on since a Dutch governor is available.. but I have very high reputation not sure why no promotion available. Governor gave me a quest and I fulfilled it, yet that's all I have for now... I hope after some enemy ships down will get promotion otherwise it may be a broken link... however I will keep you updated on that later.
Do you have a Letter of Marque? If not, you'll never be promoted/
Also, reputation doesn't matter at all. In this case it is the number in F2>Nation Relations that does.

With regards to the Turks island. I uploaded 2 save files, one is the successful quest (store and other buildings can can accessed with no problem), and the other save is a failed quest.. quest is complete but I did not attend the battle. This one is the problem where you cannot access any building except the tavern.
That is actually good. Proves that the problem is with the failing, or more accurately with the not succeeding.
Probably a timer expires that fails the quest. However, that then doesn't execute some code that unlocks the doors.
Which is a bug for sure.

Coincidentally, when I started a new game, the Error file disappeared from my game folder. But now after recent playing, the error file is back, and also uploaded along with Compile.. let me know if you need other documents that may help you figure out problem.
All .log files are erased when you start the game.

I see.
Well I don't have option for LOM. Only 2 options.. I am here for some business... & ... I am here to pay respects.

Other than that, no LOM or any other option.
So I may have to do another quest or so to see if situation can improve; otherwise there could be a broken link.

Well I don't have option for LOM. Only 2 options.. I am here for some business... & ... I am here to pay respects.
Can you make a savegame standing in front of the governor? Because either you can "crave for forgiveness" or you can get a LoM or you already have a LoM.
OR you're a navy officer, but you're still on the "Marine" player type, right? So that doesn't make sense.

If you can ask for a job, that means the code related to the LoM is accessible too.

I see.
What happens when you say that you are here for business? Does the governor offer a quest to sink an enemy ship?

Yea here you go.
I can't crave forgiveness since I have positive reputation; and if I already have LOM I would be able to get promotions I guess.

And yes I was offered a quest as soon as i captured this town; however now when I ask for business, nothing happens..

Attachments

• FreePlay (Saint Pierre Governor).rar
    1.4 MB · Views: 75
And yes I was offered a quest as soon as i captured this town; however now when I ask for business, nothing happens..
There is around a 3 day gap before he'll offer it again.

Yep will see later if anything happens when I complete the 2nd and even 3rd quest.

Btw, any advice on how I can reduce gameplay lag? Most of my lag occurs during open world sea travelling.. every day pass by, a small lag occurs.. and sometimes with heavy situation such as large fleet battles, lag is heavy on my system; no possible cure for that?

I see.
Not a Bug. I loaded your savegame and the first time indeed I couldn't ask for a LoM.
But the second time I could. That is quite normal, so no problem there. :no

PROGRAM\QUESTS\quests_side.c:
Code:
    case "Turks_fin_timer":
       Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Pieter Boelen")].Location = "none";
       Characters[GetCharacterIndex("Diego Cordoba")].Location = "none";
       PChar.quest.Turkshelp = "end";
       PChar.quest.Turkshelp.over = "yes";

AddQuestRecord("Turkshelp", 8);
       CloseQuestHeader("Turkshelp");

// PB: Open up all locations, just in case -->
       locations[FindLocation("Hispaniola_shore_01")].reload.l2.disable = 0;
       locations[FindLocation("Hispaniola_shore_01")].reload.l3.disable = 0;
       locations[FindLocation("Turks_Lighthouse")].reload.l1.disable = 0;
       locations[FindLocation("Turks_Lighthouse")].reload.l2.disable = 0;
       locations[FindLocation("Turks_Lighthouse")].reload.l5.disable = 0;
       locations[FindLocation("Turks_Lighthouse")].reload.l3.disable = 0;
       locations[FindLocation("Turks_Town")].reload.l2.disable = 0;
       locations[FindLocation("Turks_Town")].reload.l6.disable = 0;
       locations[FindLocation("Turks_Town_exit")].reload.l1.disable = 0;
       locations[FindLocation("Turks_Town_exit")].reload.l4.disable = 0;
       // PB: Open up all locations, just in case -->
     break;
These added lines should open up the location again if the timer expires, so that should solve the other issue here.

Ok great I'll check it out soon. Thanks a lot for your help! If there were enough geniuses like you, modern games like Total war wouldn't be crap by the year!

As for St. John. I bribed the shipyard master, but then the dialog ends without opening the ship repair screen. I am assuming the command for opening the repair screen is cut; however for the store in St John after bribing, I am able to sell my goods; so the shipyard is the only fault I can see from this island.
I just double-checked on this. Rather than opening the normal Shipyard Interface, this is the code executed at Antigua (because it is a navy base):
Code:
    case "trade":
       //Diag.CurrentNode = Diag.TempNode;
       NPChar.quest.meeting = NPC_Meeting;
       DialogExit();

Pchar.ship.sp = GetCharacterShipSP(Pchar);
       DeleteAttribute(Pchar,"ship.sails");
       DeleteAttribute(Pchar,"ship.masts");

Pchar.ship.hp = GetCharacterShipHP(Pchar);
       DeleteAttribute(Pchar,"ship.blots");
     break;
Testing that code through console did indeed repair my ship. So there is no bug here. :no

Oh ok.
Well my game got real messed up this morning; I kept crashing real bad and on every save game I reload, have to reload 6-10 times before I can play without crashing.. so I deleted the whole game folder and will reinstall next week when new update comes up.

But on my Control Panel I tried uninstalling and it keeps telling me "file missing" .. so instead I manually deleted all files & folders

Uninstalling the game through the uninstaller wouldn't properly remove the modpack anyway.
I've just made a ZIP containing the stock game and use that instead of the CDs whenever I need to reinstall.

Ic that's good.. so the POTC download file I got is not reliable you think? I downloaded mine from kickasstorrents (1.87GB)

Back