• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Not a Bug Possible skill levelling problems

jsv

Freebooter
Storm Modder
I've started another game, at Martinique this time. Did the Patric quest, after that repaired the ship at shipyard. Here are some things I find strange at this point (AUTO_SKILL_SYSTEM is on):

My defense skill (1 initially) kept growing all the time, its 1+11% already. I thought one can only train that at sea.
My repair skill went up from 1 to 2+2%. Is it supposed to be trained by shipyard repairs? I had no repair goods on board, so my crew wasn't repairing anything while I was doing that quest.

If I recall, Defence can increase through fighting ashore as well. And I do remember you gain Repair from shipyard repairs too.
So this does not necessarily need to be wrong. Hopefully @Levis can confirm though.

I was attacked after talking to Patric, so that probably explains Defense.

When repairing cannons or repairing your ship you get a little bit of repair XP indeed.
And fighting on land can raise your defence skill (blocking is tied to defence).

Reactions: jsv
Back