• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Post build 12 pirate hunting missions bugged?

tcmbmnc

Sailor Apprentice
On Post build 12, I have been trying out doing the missions for the govenor to eliminate pirates off the island of Redmond to build up wealth for using in the main quest. After about 10-20 such missions, (both with the letter of marques and also without one, tried several games, and it also happened after awhile in other ports) The pirate ships started coming out with white flags and sails, and when i actually boarded them (if they did not just surrender) I either did not face an oppossing bording crew and the game locked up and could not leave the first part of the boarding screen, OR No opposing crew and the game crashed and the computer went first to black screen of death then a auto reboot, OR there was a boarding crew but again it went black screen of death and auto rebooted.

Anyone else encounter this?

<!--quoteo(post=140715:date=Feb 26 2006, 08:55 AM:name=Jason)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jason @ Feb 26 2006, 08:55 AM) [snapback]140715[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
I did one at Conciego and it worked fine.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It did not happen for me after just one, but started after somewehre between 10-20 of them in the same city,.

it happened to me... i made a boarding during the night thread... they may be linked... considering that at night i fought pirates.... need to retest now.

<!--quoteo(post=140734:date=Feb 26 2006, 04:39 PM:name=HellAngel_666)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HellAngel_666 @ Feb 26 2006, 04:39 PM) [snapback]140734[/snapback]</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
it happened to me... i made a boarding during the night thread... they may be linked... considering that at night i fought pirates.... need to retest now.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

After some more playing, I believe this problem I have been having may be 2 issues.

Issue One, during Pirate hunts, the flag of then ships begine to appear as white instead of Black, I may be crazy, but either it is affecting my rep taking them, or I may have done something else to cause it.

The times the game crashes always seemed to happen on a certain kind of ship deck. It always seemed to happen on one of the class 3 or 4 where you start at the stern. If I remember right it had a longboat laying on its side. this is when either no enemy present, or it would crash to blackscreen and reboot on its own. Perhaps it is a specific class of ship that does this.

Back