• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

WIP Post ship/Privateer (My Design)

Post Captain

Seamanship Advisor
Coordinator
QC Advisor
Storm Modder
This is a vessel I designed when I was bored a few months ago. I decided to model it just for fun, but it ended up nicer than I thought. With that in mind, I think I'll continue modeling this one for the Storm games. It won't be the highest quality, but it will be new content.

This is a post ship or privateer with a somewhat extreme design more-or-less suitable for the Napoleonic period. It's a bit narrow and deep, so it won't make a good gun-platform, but at the same time, it will be faster and more weatherly than similar ships. It should have a fair amount of power to carry sail.
Myship1A.png Myship1b.png Mypostship.jpg Myship1c.png Myship1d.png Myship1c.pngMyship1e.png Myship1f.png

I don't know how long this will take, and it will certainly delay my sloop, but who cares? This is entertaining.

If anyone wants to discuss the merits or disadvantages of this design, please do.

Last edited:
Looks like a very sleek design! I'm sure this one will be popular among players that like fast ships in the later eras. :keith

Back