• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

POTBS Article In CGW(Computer Gameing World)

fry

Sailor Apprentice
Don't know if anyone has mentioned this as I don't keep too up to date on this forum but the last issue and I mean LAST issue of Computer Gaming World has a small article on page 52 with some information on POTBS as well as a few quotes from John Tyes,the producer of the game.It does't really say a whole lot but I was excited to see something about this game and indeed the genre in a mainstream gameing magazine.It also has three pictures,but since I have been so busy with AOP i'm not sure if theyre new pictures or not,one shows a customized female character,another shows a person on a raft with a battle in the distant backround,and the last seems to be a picture of a portion of a town showing an outdoor jail/cage with a couple of people inside aswell as a person,what I assume to be a jailer/guard sitting on top of the cage.There is also a person in the backround hanging in a jibbet/cage(see below for explanation).I just thought I'de mention the article to those who have the magazine and might have skipped over it and missed it and to also raise the morale of those of us who think our niche/genre goes unnoticed by the gameing media and community.

NOTE:I called it a jibbet as with a very quick and dirty internet search that was the first proper name and picture of the device that atleast as far as I can tell is the same one being used in the picture.Basically It looks like a giant birdcage with the difference being the width of the cage is (sometimes?)constrained so as the prisoner has to stand at all times never being able to sit down nor lay down.The one in the picture isn't that small,there seems to be enough room to maybe sit down,but as with the jail/cage its open air with no roof providing no shelter from the sun,wind,or rain.

Back