• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help PotC Build Mod: Call for Coding Help

Pieter Boelen

Navigation Officer
Administrator
Storm Modder
Hearts of Oak Donator
Hello all,

As you may have heard, we have been making some brilliant progress on the PotC Build Mod over the last few months, managing to fix many bugs and finish a lot of content that we wanted to have in there.

However, I could very much use some help with getting our current game version properly playable. It is being a bit too much for one person to accomplish.

So if there is anything you can do at all, it would be much appreciated. If we manage to get this done, we'll finally be able to continue with this properly.

Thanks in advance for your consideration. :doff

Worst bugs we have at the moment:
- Philipsburg on Saint Martin not showing up
- Incorrect Ship Relations at Sea
- Characters showing up during boardings that don't join the fight properly
- Wrong period soldiers during Saint Martin war (and possibly elsewhere too)

hmm I could help with Philipsburg. And I just had an idea what might help with the boarding bug...

Philipsburg is a problem inherent in Pirate_KK's codebase. Somehow.

What we're probably going to have to do is to move parts of the WIP 15 code-base to the WIP 12 version piece by piece.
You know how to use WinMerge; you could try to do some merging around?

What do you think happens when I do stuff like that? I break it all the time. The game's error logs usually tell me where to look to fix what's wrong though.
And if you do it on a copy of your game install, there is no real harm that you can do.

Merging stuff is a good way to learn the game's code anyway.
That's what I started out with, but I didn't have WinMerge and Notepad++ to do it, only the regular Notepad.

Try to run a compare between the WIP 12 and WIP 15 PROGRAM folders and see if you can make heads or tails of the differences.
Then what I think we should do is to move everything we KNOW to work reasonably well into the WIP 12 code base.
The Logs Toggle code, the Sailstate Delay, the rewritten Sidestep and all Cartagena-related things, for example.

Well, looks like I managed to get the WIP 13-15 base working reasonably well on my own again.
Still.... any and all help WILL be MUCH appreciated. I can't do everything by me onesy. And I don't WANT to.

Annoying stuff still to be done:
- Put Mutiny of Companion Ships back
- Put updates Capture Colonies code back, fix and FINISH this
- Gun Reload Sounds code to be PROPERLY fixed

Back