• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

POTC Build Mod organisation and structure

Do you agree with the proposal?

• Total voters

mcd-2003

Sailor Apprentice
Storm Modder
I think now that we are in Beta stage that this is the best to try and reorganise the community and this forum

the forums have become extremely difficult to navigate due the pure amount of content on this forum so can I make the following suggestions:

We have a new sub forum for Build 14 Beta and onwards and the amount of build 13 and pre 14 beta stuff floating around is becoming very hard to navigate.

This sub forum should then be spilt up into the following categories only accessible to Modders

• Storyline and storyline related bugs
  • Moddeling
  • Bug fixes Not storyline related
  • New content development
  • administration - Anything to-do with marketing, admin, legal and other non modding related stuff
  • mod pack compiling - This should be accessible to mod pack compliers only

Secondly organisation of our efforts

there should be a hierarchical structure in place

POTCStructure.png

with this you have to producers/Directors who over see development although are not really involved in it and focus on marketing, admin and PR. And content that is developed/fixed is passed to the heads of each department that varify it works/test it, fix it further ect. and then if ok then pass it to the mod pack compilers.

Please post your suggestions below

thanks

Captain matt

Ive been considering making storyline specific subforums, this would include people being able to post suggestions, BUGS, critisim and requests.

As for admin, we already have a hidden forum set up for that ;)
Mod pack compiling is handled over MSN and PM mainly and then is released on the modders forum for others to add stuff later on :yes

I recently set up a brand new subforum for Build Mod Modeling as well ;)

If more people used the BUG tracker we could nearly change that to be general, storylines (which would be easier to organise)

I think if I did go ahead and make a Build 13 forum it would be used like once a week (not many people post comments on it) :shrug

I think if I went ahead and added the storyline sub-forums it would be a lot easier to guide through and I do think that it can be very tricky to find something (having said this some people dont look :()

Well there is my 5 cents work ;)

I also like the subforum for storylines. However those working structures wont work. We aren't a company. This is a hobby. And second of all, everybody leaves and comes back whenever they fancy so deadlines and hierarchies aren't going to work I am afraid.

If more people used the BUG tracker we could nearly change that to be general, storylines (which would be easier to organise)

If the Bug tracker could be made to accept attachments then its use would increase a lot. :yes

As not being able to attach things like error logs is the main reason I end up posting on the main forum rather than the Bug tracker.

Yep I shall take a look at setting things up then as people do seem to be on the same wave length :yes

I will also take a look at seeing if I can allow attachments on the BUG tracker ;)

EDIT: that is now all sorted, lets hope people post in the right place

Storyline writers please note: All your recent quest topics are now located in the storyline sub-forums and also Bartolomeu's and my main quest discussion threads have been moved from Build Alpha Brainstorming to the new sub-forums and PINNED

thanks guys. The Build Bugs forum which was for build 12? Could we not shut that down now or hide it maybe?

Please update the bug tracker forum description. It DOES say Build 12 and that IS wrong.

Good call on the forum restructure. I tried to get something for that done before,
but never got much support. Glad to see it done.
As for a more structured community, I'd LIKE it for sure, but as said before,
it's a hobby, which makes things very much un-company-like.

Back