• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved POTC Hornblower's inability to go to sea!!

ADAMBOLITHO

Landlubber
Now I know this is going to sound ridiculous but I am stuck right at the beginning of the Hornblower story. I have visited the naval place at the harbour edge and collected my orders, went to the Other place where they told be to get bigger guns fitted, had a fight with Simpson then when to the naval yard and requested he fit bigger guns. Then I tried to find my ship. Going out the door I originally entered by, the two other midshipmen blocked my path. I tried to go out the double doors at the opposite end to the entry door but to no avail. So I am stuck. The walkthroughs say "Walk to the end of the quay and it will automatically put you aboard." I would do this if I could get out of the Naval Yard!! Help!!

To leave the shipyard ( after getting bigger guns fitted ) go out the doors you came in - then turn right ( might need to push past the Midshipmen with you) and go to the end of the jetty ( might be a rowing boat next to the jetty end ) from there you should be auto loaded to Ship deck.

:doff

If you can't push past the midshipmen - then you can use this trick:-

Go to the Passenger screen ( F2 - Passengers) - on the bottom half of the screen select the midshipman and click on Remove Officer . Do this for all the midshipmen.

Then exit back to game -- the midshipmen should leave you and walk into the town.

Go towards the end of the jetty ( before you reload to the ship deck ) -- then go back to the Passenger Screen and add the midshipmen back as officers as they were before - they should then run back to you and be behind you as you approach the end of the jetty.

Hope this helps.

:drunk

Go to the Passenger screen ( F2 - Passengers) - on the bottom half of the screen select the midshipman and click on Remove Officer . Do this for all the midshipmen.
With the latest updates, you shouldn't be able to do that anymore as Hornblower as he isn't captain of a ship and therefore has no say over the shore party until the story completes.

As @Pieter Boelen says, if you get the latest update from here, the pier at Antigua is wider and you should be able to get past the midshipmen more easily - it certainly worked for me. Otherwise edit "PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h", go right down to the bottom, find the line '#define SIDESTEP_ENABLED' and change the "0" to "1". That allows you to sidestep, which takes no account of physical barriers such as walls or fences. Be warned that you can sidestep to some very silly places, and that once you've sidestepped off the proper path you won't be able to move normally until you get back onto the proper path. But it can be very useful in various places if used carefully.

Back