• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

POTC not starting?

gilgolf

Landlubber
In Xp when I start POTC it shows the engine run screen but only get so far, spits out a bunch of stuff and closes before I can read it. Any hints?

Do you have two different computers you are trying to put it on?

If so can you post the system specs (XP here Win 7 on the other thread)

I tried installing it on windows 7 but the engine wasn't working and I remembered it had worked on a desktop xp a while ago. So I tried it on a virtual machine that was running xp on my mac and it wouldn't start past the storm engine screen. So I kept going and tried it on the old desktop and it worked. Both the mac and the windows 7 laptop have better/higher specs than the old desktop. I know the mac specs but the laptop I will have to get back to you on.

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2.26 GHz
Memory: 2 GB( not true the virtual machine has about a 768 mb, the 2 gb is for whole mac)

NVIDIA GeForce 9400M:

Chipset Model: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M
Type: GPU
Bus: PCI
VRAM (Total): 256 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0863
Revision ID: 0x00b1
ROM Revision: 3427
Displays:
Color LCD:
Resolution: 1280 x 800
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Built-In: Yes

It now starts but when I click new game it goes to the loading screen then leaves with no error message, this is on a windows window inside mac. Also this is after build 14 beta 1 full

Back