• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help POTC stuck at "insert disk"

Ringwraith

Landlubber
Im using windows 10 and I installed it on a separate drive called D: and made a folder specifically for the game. Im also using no mods
the install wizard went well. but when I click on "engine" or the executable in my desktop to start the game this text appears on the main menu (after the video plays of course):

please insert "Pirates of the Caribbean" disc 1 and press <ok> to start application or <exit> to quit

I cant do anything, none of the buttons do anything, I can only close it with task manager.
I got the file (.iso) off the internet and extracted using winrar then I did the installation wizard.
I would add some picture but the program I use for pictures doesnt work in the game.

Last edited:
This looks like the DRM is locking you from playing.

If you download New Horizons you could install it and it should work.
If you don't want to play with the mod, once you install it copy "ENGINE.exe" uninstall the game, reinstall the base game and copy the exe from New Horizons.

Or alternatively someone could upload just that for you, unfortunately I can't at the moment.

Im using windows 10 and I installed it on a separate drive called D: and made a folder specifically for the game. Im also using no mods
the install wizard went well. but when I click on "engine" or the executable in my desktop to start the game this text appears on the main menu (after the video plays of course):

please insert "Pirates of the Caribbean" disc 1 and press <ok> to start application or <exit> to quit

I cant do anything, none of the buttons do anything, I can only close it with task manager.
I got the file (.iso) off the internet and extracted using winrar then I did the installation wizard.
I would add some picture but the program I use for pictures doesnt work in the game.

I recommend you to try again using a tool like gBurner Virtual Drive, Virtual CloneDrive or something similar (I'm using the first one).

gBurner Virtual Drive (Virtual CD/DVD-ROM)
Virtual CloneDrive - Elaborate Bytes

Back