• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Prison Break

DavyJack

Pirate Queen
Staff member
Storm Modder
My game crashes when after I sink or boarded the enemy ship after exiting Grand Case Beach with the Brits. I tried reloading to a previous save and doing the entire quest again but still crashes. I'm not sure if the quest requires a certain Ship Tier but it shouldn't matter. I haven't the foggiest why it happens. So I just complete it by siding with the Dutch instead but I really want to see the other side of the story.

I don't remember that @DavyJack, but i may have completed the quest once with the Dutch and once neutral so this why i don't remember it, most probably.

But now that i think about it, this may be the reason i never sided with the British.

But i also don't know what causes it, unfortunately. :shrug

Yeah I even tried reading the Guide but still resulted in crashing. Oh well. I can't imagine how this would be connected to the TEHO mod and the other ones in here but I guess it is what it is at least I can still complete it in another way. Hopefully someone can answer this in the future.

Yeah I even tried reading the Guide but still resulted in crashing. Oh well. I can't imagine how this would be connected to the TEHO mod and the other ones in here but I guess it is what it is at least I can still complete it in another way. Hopefully someone can answer this in the future.

have you found a fix yet ? Am having that bug too

Hi, i remember i had same issue while ago, nowdays i skip this quest, however same issue iv got with a dutch gambit quest and my fix for such crashes was once boarded my ship dont do anything turn the camera twards the island until the enemy spawns, for me works the solution by quests when game breaks on enemy spawns

Hi, i remember i had same issue while ago, nowdays i skip this quest, however same issue iv got with a dutch gambit quest and my fix for such crashes was once boarded my ship dont do anything turn the camera twards the island until the enemy spawns, for me works the solution by quests when game breaks on enemy spawns

so when I enter the sea I must look at the island ?

so when I enter the sea I must look at the island ?
Ya thats the general idea, well away from enemy if thay spawn behind the island u want to look twards the see, so the engine can slowly and nice load all resurces and scripts, in this game i noticed its verry important not to haste and let the scripts to have thair time to run properly.

If thats dosent work u may try to replace the quest ship with a generic one, for instance if the quest in question uses [SHIP_QUEST3] i think its a corvette replace it with [SHIP_CORVETTE], i assume the game crashes during the ship spawns so this may relif some stress on the engine

EDIT: FMQ_Nevis.c
Code:
        case "First time":
            dialog.text = "An obvious bug. Tell the devs about it.";
            link.l1 = "Oh, I will.";
            link.l1.go = "exit";
            NextDiag.TempNode = "First time";
        break;

EDIT 2: Sry was wrong with the replacing the ship as in reaction_functions.c at void FMQN_EnglandSeaAttack(string qName) thay use generic brigantine or corvette it looks fine tho, got nothing. sry. try the quest on a sloop?

Last edited:
Ya thats the general idea, well away from enemy if thay spawn behind the island u want to look twards the see, so the engine can slowly and nice load all resurces and scripts, in this game i noticed its verry important not to haste and let the scripts to have thair time to run properly.

If thats dosent work u may try to replace the quest ship with a generic one, for instance if the quest in question uses [SHIP_QUEST3] i think its a corvette replace it with [SHIP_CORVETTE], i assume the game crashes during the ship spawns so this may relif some stress on the engine

EDIT: FMQ_Nevis.c
Code:
        case "First time":
            dialog.text = "An obvious bug. Tell the devs about it.";
            link.l1 = "Oh, I will.";
            link.l1.go = "exit";
            NextDiag.TempNode = "First time";
        break;

EDIT 2: Sry was wrong with the replacing the ship as in reaction_functions.c at void FMQN_EnglandSeaAttack(string qName) thay use generic brigantine or corvette it looks fine tho, got nothing. sry. try the quest on a sloop?

So I gotta sail with a sloop am gonna die for sure

Can someone sent the file maybe mine is missing something in it..
nah u aint missing anything the quest worked just fine be4 or with JR the under black flag stuff, not now 100% sure if on v1.5 (what was FTJR or something like that) i did the quest without issues, when i started Hero of the nation the 1st time the quest bugged on me, didnt tryed it since but if ppl report issues with it i think its still broken. And ya not sure if the quest worked on 1.5 but i clearly remember that quest was doable for brits in some older version of game, well my older versions of game where less moded that may has aswell something to do with it

I wish ya all luck for finding a solution for this, good hunting folks

Back