• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Privateer/ bounty hunter/ Portugual

Officerpuppy

Buccaneer
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
There is a brief mention somewhere in the game files that at some point the dev's were going to make a sixth "nation" which would have been a privateer or bounty hunter group.

I know adding a new nation is a longshot at the moment but considering that this new "nation" would not have any ports of its own but instead use everyone elses (if they have good relations) would this make things easier?

If we could I would make Portugal that nation - like they have in POTC. They don't have any colonies on our map. I wish we could extend the coast of South America beyond Venezuela and Guyana where it is now. We could add a bunch of colonies down that coastline and then could have Portuguese colonies. I wonder how we would go about extending our playbox and adding terrain in this engine? For that matter wouldn't it be cool to extend it the other way also and have Lake Charles in Louisiana (known hideout of pirates), Key West, St Augustine, Savannah, Charlestown, Nassau, and Eleuthera.

MK

Mmm hmm, I'd prefer the Portugese over a privateer "nation" if the idea were to be implemented. There is a non functional item in the inititems that is a Portugese patent so perhaps at one time they did think of adding them.

Here it is, from the RPG_describe.

Hunter_hint {Your relationship with the empire, by way of its soldiers and citizenry. Deeds for the good of the nation raise one's internal reputation; bad deeds can put a prince on your head. And that means an eternal hunt, across land and sea, since there's no shortage of bounty hunters in the Caribbean. You can lower your bounty, however, by your deeds or by putting money in the right hands. You scratch the Empire's back, it refrains from shooting you in yours.}

Portufun.jpg

Ack! It's an invasion fleet! :sail

(Just having some fun, I replaced the French flag with the Portugese)

We can still add Portugal can't we? At least for now, make Portuguese merchant ships appear in the Caribbean.

Several months ago I tried to add a new flag to the game but the game wouldn't recongnize it. I fear the source code might be required for something seemingly simple as that.

COOL!!! :onya Wish it were really was a Portuguese invasion fleet.

MK

Im for Portugal, ill whould love to see my own country in this game, it whould be better if they could have a setlement but that could be more dificult to introduce in the game(extent the map).

COOL!!! :onya Wish it were really was a Portuguese invasion fleet.

MK

Im for Portugal, ill whould love to see my own country in this game, it whould be better if they could have a setlement but that could be more dificult to introduce in the game(extent the map).

Yeah, expanding the map would be an issue for sure. From what I've read it seems that Brazil (no surprise) would be the main hub for activity. We wouldn't need the whole country just a piece of it. Furthermore, in regards to relations, they should be at war with Spain and probably neutral to the rest of nations in the game, minus pirates of course.

Back