• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Privateer License

kevee890

Landlubber
I have already reached admiration with the French; however, when I talk to either the governors of the French or the governor-general of the French, none of both issues me a privateer license. How should I get one? I don't want to get it through the pirates tho.

Keep doing good misssions like for the church and keep doing the missions that the French govs give you. Rescue the girls from the thugs. Eventually you will get one. Easiest way is through the diplomats at the pirate towns though...

Nevermind, I later tried talking to the governor in Fort De France and got the license. Thanks for the reply :)

Having the same problem fighting for Holland.
My hero reputation is "Admiration" and my char is a hero. ^^ Ok if used a bug to get the "Admiration" status. I finished the cave quest of the priest and told him again and again, that I solved the evil problem in the cave. ;)
But the General won't give me the letter of marque. I don't know what to do right now. I did not started the pirate questline.
I have actually some sidequests and the "Kill the Beggars" quest to do.

Hey m8,

getting a license is not actually a consecquance of reputation. You have to do 6-10 missions from your local governor ( Remember it has to be the one local governor, meaning you do the quests at only one island), after doing a number of these you will be offered a license by the local governor.

Regards

I've done a lot of tasks for the governor of Willemstad. But no licence at all...
I'm going to try another dutch city and make some quests.

EDIT: Ok, that solved the problem. After finishing two more tasks on marigot, he gave me the letter of marque. Thanks!

Last edited:
Back