• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Problem! help me..

m0rpheuz

Landlubber
hi...
i have problem with Pirates of The Caribbean...Its lagging and i dont think it should...i must go for 640X480 and 16 bit and medium details to get the game from not lagging....other games run fine...

my computer is:
AMD Athlon 2800+ Barton @ 2218 mhz
Abit `VA-10` motherboard
Kingston pc3200 256 ddr RAM
Albatron FX5200EP 128 ddr(low budget card, i know but i should go well with my OC and my great fan attached to it)
Maxtor 80gb

Um... I used to run the game with 800x600 on 199 ddr ram, pentium celeron 2.2 Ghz and FX5600 256ddr and I was definatly having problems with lag after a short while. Upgrading my ram solved my problems. 512 ddr ram goes pretty cheap these days and will combine with your 256, assuming your motherboard supports it.

Also, the FX5200 is IIRC another GF2 in wolf's clothing (like the GF4 MX), so it lacks the pixel and vertex shaders that are really needed for POTC.
BUT--and here's the kicker--I /also/ seem to recall that it `software-emulates` them. So that may be what the problem is.

Im gonna post a small hint.

If you are gonna buy a FX don't buy any FX under 5700 becouse they are just
`c-r`-`a-p`.

I upgraded to an ATI Radeon 9600 Pro, and all is well. I can run any game maxed out with no worries. The price point on that card has become really attractive as of late, so I'd advise looking in to it.

running the game on a p3 600, 256 ddr ram, and an old 20 gig hd, and a gainward geforce4 64 mbram,
has not been a problem, unless I battle 16 warships at the moment, it gives some lag,
but using "I" by every load a savegame, it cleans up the game.
:gday

Assuming you have the build, that's my fault. :d: xD:: :cheers
Massive redundancy in GetCharacterSkill function that chokes the game.
Fixed now.
YOUR REPRIEVE COMES SOON. :p:

Back