• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Problem with crashing / Fix?

Patman

Landlubber
Hi guys, started playing GOF and im having a great time in the early stages of the game but
when i start sailing larger ships i start to crash in sea battles VERY frequently.
I was wondering (since im not the only one) if there is some kind of fix for this issue?

Thank you in advance

Unfortunately no. Some of the new code/capabilities were written by modders that are no longer here and that were not tested thoroughly enough before the mod was released. I would recommend going back to an earlier version of GOF or CMV 3.2 if it really bothers you. It is possible to still play through the crashing battles, you just have to quick save F6 a lot. Some machines seem to be more susceptible than others. I do believe the problem is an issue with how the ships take up space and their weight changes combined with a glitch in sound and graphic spikes. Its much cleaner in my test game, but I am still experiencing some crashes from time to time. I may try to put out a fix patch, but won't guarantee the crashes will stop - I think they will be much less though.

The good news is that a few of us are working on new mod based on an earlier version of GOF before the newer code was added, but then adding all the new stuff piece by piece. This is the Eras mod which I hope to release in July or August.

MK

Back