• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Problem with game

pankos

Landlubber
Hi! I am new here, few days ago i found New Horizon mod for PotC, which i love since 2003. I wanted to play it, but i have problem.
I installed new game, then i installed New Horizon Build 14 Beta 4.0. Game started, but when i started new game, there was engine.exe crash, so i installed intel fix and luckily, game started, everything is working fluently. BUT. After talk with Malcolm, when i wanted to go out from the ship to the town, game crash. The town is loading, but it is not starting, it just crash. Without any information, any engine.exe bug, nothing, just switch off. I started also with NH Build 14 Beta 4.1 Wip, but situation is the same.
Now my computer:
Windows XP SP3 (yea, i like it, really xD )
Graphic Intel 965 express chipset family
Intel core 2 duo
2 GB ram

Your computer may not meet the increased system requirements for the mod.
To check that, try the Beta 3.4 version from here instead:
Downloads - Pirates of the Caribbean: New Horizons mod for Pirates of the Caribbean

More technical: In Beta 4 a revamped "Leveling" system was introduced, which is really heavy on system resources compared to what came before.
The developer who wrote the code for that tried to make a more efficient version last year.
However, that never made it into the main mod.
@Grey Roger or @ANSEL, does either of you remember what happened with that?

There was this:
Fix in Progress - CTD on Low End XP PC
The reports from people who tried it indicated that it didn't help performance and may even have broken the system, with one person reporting being unable to save games after installing it.

And then there was this:
Fix in Progress - Performance increases for leveling
There was no follow-up on that - no reports from anyone who made the changes and saw improvements, or for that matter any reports from anyone making the changes at all.

With no confirmation that either of the attempted fixes did any good, there was little point in putting them into the main mod and risking breaking it even further.

Back