• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Problem with Jack Rackham model

Grey Roger

Sea Dog
Staff member
Administrator
Storm Modder
Trying out something which needed a pirate, I picked Jack Rackham as he is the first character to appear if you choose "Named" Pirate.

This is what I got.
jack_rackham.jpg

I think the extra head is quite easy to fix and I'll do it. The pistol position is strange because the body model is some standard corsair type.
I'll check that too.

Just tested and I can confirm this.
Locators must be moved a bit too much to the side...

What I would like to know...
Why does @Jack Rackham not have a unique portrait file?
I'd say he deserves one. :cheeky

Ok, I have fixed the extra head that was visible. (alpha channel)

And the locators that were all wrong. It happened when switching heads. Have done that a lot without
locators jumping around. Had to break down the model into parts and start with a headless corsair1_1 body and add things from meshes.
(not the other way around)
model.jpg

Last found face_537 which is used for the jrh model (same head). It existed only in 64 size but that was ok because you can't see any clothes.
So I added 128 and 256 with corsair uniform and "easter egg" background. :wp
portrait.jpg
So jrh.gm uses 64 and Jack_Rackham.gm all three sizes.

Much better!:onya

The 256 portrait appears to have the same frame as a size 64. If you would prefer different frames for different sizes, see if you have "face_blank.psd" in each of the portrait folders. These are Photoshop files with the frame as a layer.

Back