• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Problem with Saving the game

harrydoodah

Landlubber
Hey,
I recently got this game, and all is working well apart from the fact that i cant save the game :/
After clicking the "save" button, it takes me straight back to the game without actually saving a profile.
Ive tried countless amounts of times, but nothing appears in the "load" panel of any saved profiles..
Does anyone know what im doing wrong or is there a fault?
Pleasee help me, im really enjoying the game but theres only a point where you can repeat the beginning of the game over and over again until you get bored because i cant save.

Thankss :)

Ahoy Harrydoodah, welcome aboard mate! It would be a lot more helpful if you would provide your system specs, without those, we are just guessing. Do you have any mods installed, or are you playing the stock game?

If your playing the game on a Vista, or Windows 7 machine, you need to be sure and install outside of the default "Program Files" directory, install to C:\Games\ or something. The "security features" treat everything installed in program files as protected operating system files. There are other ways around this, but installing outside programs files is the best option.

That was it! Wow, you genius!.. I have the Windows 7 model, and i uninstalled the game and re-installed it into my "User" directory rather than having it in "Program Files"
Saving works absolutely fine now, haha thankyou so much i appretiate your help :)
Im going to look for some good Mods i can download now, have you got any tips or head's up for which ones i should go for? :)
Thankyou SO SO much!!

Welcome mate, glad you got it sorted. There are some great mods here for CoAS, and some of them do fix a lot of the games shortcomings. The current Combined Mod 3.1.5 can be found HERE! This is quite a good size mod and it ads a lot of content, it combines a lot of the smaller mods and ads new ships and characters to the game. There are other mods scattered about as well, just use the forum search and you should be able to track down a few.

However, personally, I would recommend that you play the stock version of the game a bit first, just to get a feel for it. I am not trying to discourage you installing the mods, but if you play it for a bit and then install the Combined Mod, you will get a better understanding of just what our mods do and how they affect gameplay. We have some fantastic coders here who have worked really hard putting all these mods together, they have really done a fantastic job! Fair winds mate, and happy hunting! :dance

Back