• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed Problem with Select Background Profession screen

Talisman

Smuggler
Storm Modder
With 29 Nov build plus Character.c Fix from here:- http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/list-of-fixes.21176/page-30#post-524474

( the same thing happens without the fix) :yes

If you change the player's profession on the select Story interface ( when starting a New Game )

the right arrow will let you scroll through the available professions OK.

But the left arrow will take you to Captain ( not a profession ) and then you are stuck and cannot scroll anymore.

This was working OK on the 19 Nov Build. ( could scroll both ways left & right through the professions) :yes

no error log generated.

Attachments

• compile.log
    1.9 KB · Views: 73
  • system.log
    22.9 KB · Views: 92
  • PotC Professions_1.jpg
    PotC Professions_1.jpg
    401.2 KB · Views: 63
  • PotC Professions_2.jpg
    PotC Professions_2.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 71
  • PotC Professions_3.jpg
    PotC Professions_3.jpg
    466.4 KB · Views: 90
You've got a keen eye! I think I already caught this problem earlier this week and fixed it on my computer, but didn't post that fix anywhere yet.
And now I can't because I don't have the file in a spot where I've got an Internet connection too. :facepalm

The reason is because I changed the "no profession at all" from "" (nothing) to "Captain" for its use in the Character Interface as well.
But the scroll code was still looking for "" and therefore failed to "jump to the other side of the series" again.

Once my Internet works again, you may expect a fix for this one any time.
In the meantime, use the Right arrow. :cheeky

May want to keep a reminder somewhere as I wrote the above purely from memory
I've had virtually no access to my game since last Monday.

If I'm not mistaken, this file should contain the fix. Extract to PROGRAM\INTERFACE .
Can you double-check that it indeed does? You're welcome to add it to your "Levis Fixes" archive too, for completism's sake. :doff

EDIT:
Should be these lines:
Code:
void ChangePlayerType(bool bRight)
{
   int i;
   if (bRight) {
     tmpPlayerType++;
     if (GetPlayerTypeName(tmpPlayerType) == OFFIC_TYPE_REGCAP)             tmpPlayerType = PLAYER_TYPE_ADVENTURER;
     if (AUTO_SKILL_SYSTEM && GetPlayerTypeName(tmpPlayerType) == PLAYERTYPE_CUSTOM)   tmpPlayerType = PLAYER_TYPE_ADVENTURER;
     if (GetPlayerTypeName(tmpPlayerType) == PLAYERTYPE_LAND_OWNER)           tmpPlayerType = PLAYER_TYPE_ADVENTURER;
   } else {
     tmpPlayerType--;
     if (GetPlayerTypeName(tmpPlayerType) == OFFIC_TYPE_REGCAP)             tmpPlayerType = PLAYER_TYPE_CUSTOM;
     if (AUTO_SKILL_SYSTEM && GetPlayerTypeName(tmpPlayerType) == PLAYERTYPE_CUSTOM)   tmpPlayerType = PLAYER_TYPE_CURSED;
   }
   GameInterface.strings.CharacterType = TranslateString("", GetPlayerTypeName(tmpPlayerType));
   SetupPlayerType();
}
Where it now says OFFIC_TYPE_REGCAP, it used to say "".

Attachments

• select_storyline.zip
    18.9 KB · Views: 71
Back