• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Problem

Squishy240

Landlubber
Hi

I've installed build mod 13 and I'm playing the main quest but once I lose my ship in the storm, after getting the idol from the frigate and wind up on Douwsend, when I travel through the jungle and get to the town the tavern is locked? Is there anything I can do?

Sorry if this is in the wrong section of the forum I'm new to pirating!

Squishy

Build mod 13? Is that a typo? Do you mean build mod 14? Just wait for one of the main guys to explain it to you. They'll help. If that wasn't a typo, then everyone will say update to Build Mod 14 Beta 1 Patch 7.

:gday mate!

The quests really haven't changed since build 13. I'm glad you made it through that part ok. It used to crasnburn bad on me there. The game would also go into slomo mode where you are now, and it would last for quite a while before getting back up to speed. But! The Battle for Bridgetown is much better in build 13. It got messed up in build 14.

Anyway, to your question. There are two towns on that island, and if one is locked maybe you should go to the other one. :cheers

Hi

I've installed build mod 13 and I'm playing the main quest but once I lose my ship in the storm, after getting the idol from the frigate and wind up on Douwsend, when I travel through the jungle and get to the town the tavern is locked? Is there anything I can do?
Did you play the stock game without mods first? If so, what would you normally do after leaving the tavern? Do it anyway...

In the stock game you need to hike all the way across Douwesen, go into the tavern and find out what to do next. In Build 13 you don't really need to do all that walking - as you found, the tavern is no longer involved in this part of the quest, so skip it and go straight to the next bit. ;)

Sorry if this is in the wrong section of the forum I'm new to pirating!
No, this is exactly the right section of the forum. And welcome! :onya

Build mod 13? Is that a typo? Do you mean build mod 14? Just wait for one of the main guys to explain it to you. They'll help. If that wasn't a typo, then everyone will say update to Build Mod 14 Beta 1 Patch 7.
Erm no typo, didn't realize 14 was out, I'm guessing I should get it then?

The quests really haven't changed since build 13. I'm glad you made it through that part ok. It used to crasnburn bad on me there. The game would also go into slomo mode where you are now, and it would last for quite a while before getting back up to speed. But! The Battle for Bridgetown is much better in build 13. It got messed up in build 14.

Anyway, to your question. There are two towns on that island, and if one is locked maybe you should go to the other one.
Yeah I've got slowmo too! I tried the pirate hideout too same thing the tavern was locked.

Did you play the stock game without mods first? If so, what would you normally do after leaving the tavern? Do it anyway...

In the stock game you need to hike all the way across Douwesen, go into the tavern and find out what to do next. In Build 13 you don't really need to do all that walking - as you found, the tavern is no longer involved in this part of the quest, so skip it and go straight to the next bit. ;)
I did but it would crash a lot earlier so I've never got this far on the main quest. So if the tavern is no longer involved whats the next step?

Hmm. This sounds bad. The town gates should be locked so you can not get into the main town at all. You must go to the buccaneer camp and enter the tavern there. But it is locked too? Talk to people. Maybe someone in the camp can help you. Or, go back to your last save and try it again. You are in a buggy part of the quest. I don't recall how I got past it, but it gets better soon.

Build 14 is now much better than build 13. If you are well and truly stuck you might want to look into it. :cheers

I'm very sorry, but I couldn't resist when I saw the title of the topic...

image.w174h200f3.jpg

i've had that locked door problem too. i have no idea what causes it, but it seems to have existed from back when you still had to go to douwesen tavern. that tavern used to be locked too on occasion. the only thing i can think of is that there might be some trigger ensuring that the tavern is open when you go there (which is pointless, since it should open at all times anyway) and accidentally closes the door instead. but that's a wild guess.

Build 14 isn't finished, but Beta 1 is very playable with an incredible booty of cool stuff.

I did but it would crash a lot earlier so I've never got this far on the main quest. So if the tavern is no longer involved whats the next step?
You should already know about the pirate camp on Douwesen, either because of Silehard's earlier mission for you to recover his collection which was stolen by Douwesen pirates, or by following the trail of the Mefisto in the "Strange Happenings in the Archipelago" quest. Go there now. ;)

Hmm. This sounds bad. The town gates should be locked so you can not get into the main town at all. You must go to the buccaneer camp and enter the tavern there. But it is locked too? Talk to people. Maybe someone in the camp can help you. Or, go back to your last save and try it again. You are in a buggy part of the quest. I don't recall how I got past it, but it gets better soon.
That's in Build 14, perhaps. In Build 13 you certainly can get into Douwesen main town but the tavern is locked.

I loaded an earlier save, progressed through to the Pirate fort tavern and it was open! WOO! Thanks for all the help guys!

And Jonty:
meme_yao_ming.jpg

Well to be honest, I was only being stupid by posting another funny meme face. It was just for the face. That's it. I changed it now anyway.

meme_faces_large.png

Back