• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Unconfirmed Bug Problems in PTOC Build 3.2

Jason

Buccaneer
Storm Modder
In the arcade game.

I. Instant boarding is always on and is reusable during and engagement regardless of whether you have any of the prerequisites.

II. The superior spyglass gives you morale.

1. That sounds like a coding glitch.

2. More information please. Is it described anywhere or is this an observation?

Well I have been playing 3.2 since it came out and I have noticed both of these glitches in every game I have played and in none of the versions previous to the May build.

On the spyglass, as you know, you are only supposed to get morale when you have the masterwork glass. Is there anything else you would like to know?

Sorry, but I did not know that the Masterwork spyglass gives a morale boost. It does not say anything in its description about that.

I have been playing Beta 3.3 WIP which is beta 3 with some minor tweaks. Today I have been switching between the Masterwork and Superior spyglass and have not noticed any difference in crew morale.

So is this a feature of Beta 3.2 only? It sounds like I need to play Beta 3.2 for a while.

1. I recall other people reported that as well, but not consistently. Wished I knew what events/settings trigger that behaviour. :facepalm

2. @Hylie Pistof: I think Jason means that the best spyglass allows you to see the other ships' morale.
If I recall, that is indeed intentional. It does not influence the morale on your own ship. :no

Ohhhh. :facepalm Yes indeed you can see the other crew's morale with the Superior spyglass.

:ahoy

I play the arcade game and I know instant boarding is always on and is reusable. Also you can see morale in the Superior spyglass. I don't know when it was introduced but in the arcade game I don't think there is any reason these two things should work like that. I think we should go back to instant boarding only if you have the perks for it and only once per engagement and morale only in the master work spyglass.

II. The superior spyglass gives you morale.
Just checked in the code, but this is not a bug:
Code:
  //-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  // SPYGLASSES: ItemIndex  Price  texture  activate  nation  cannons  crew  morale  skiptrade
  //  |  itmID  model  icIndex  rare  |  |  | update  | shipname  | hull  | speed  quality| skiprand
  //  |  |  |  picTexture  |  |  MinLevel |  |  zoom  |  |  | | shiptype| | sail  | | charge  |  | | skipequip
  //---------------|------|-------|-----------|---|-----|----|-------|------|------------------|---|----|----|-|-|-------|-|-|-----|-|-|--|------|----|-|-|----------
  n = InitSpyglass(n,"spyglass1","",  8, 14,  0.30,  1,  600, "eye_BadTub.tga",  3.0, 500, 150,  1,1,1,  0,0,0,  0,0,0, 0,  1,  0,0,0);// Cheap Spyglass  //BB increased price
  n = InitSpyglass(n,"spyglass2","",  8, 15,  0.10,  1,  1200, "eye_CommonTub.tga", 6.0, 500, 150,  1,1,1,  0,1,1,  0,1,0, 0,  3,  0,0,0);// Average Spyglass//BB increased price
  n = InitSpyglass(n,"spyglass3","",  8, 16,  0.05,  8,  4500, "eye_GoodTub.tga",  8.0, 500, 150,  1,1,1,  1,1,1,  1,1,0, 1,  7,  0,0,0);// Great Spyglass  //BB increased price
  n = InitSpyglass(n,"spyglass4","spyglass4", 1, 14,  0.01, 15,  9800, "eye_BestTub.tga",  10.0, 500, 150,  1,1,1,  1,1,1,  1,1,1, 1,  9,  0,0,0);// Master Spyglass //BB increased price
  //-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As you can see there, the Great and Master Spyglass are both set up to show morale.
If people do not agree with that, it would be easily changed. Anyone got any comments on which spyglass should do what?

You can read that gibberish?

I don't use the master works spyglass as it is too powerful and I can't see anything with it, so I like things as they are with the superior spyglass.

That particular section of code is really quite simple. Though it does display better using Notepad++:
upload_2014-10-26_17-12-52.png

It is just a table where you can change numbers as required.
See the part I marked in red. Change that 1 into a 0 for the Great Spyglass and it will no longer show you morale.
F11 (Reinit) required for the change to take effect.

I. Instant boarding is always on and is reusable during and engagement regardless of whether you have any of the prerequisites.
I tried this, but cannot confirm. On Arcade Game Mode, default settings:
1. Started New Game on Assassin storyline
2. Went to sea, found enemy ships around Bonaire
3. Instant Boarding ability not available, which makes sense since I didn't have it
4. Cheat to get this ability, then use it on Spanish ship
5. After successfully capturing the other ship, Instant Boarding no longer available

If this happens again, can you make a savegame and upload it, please?

I tried this, but cannot confirm. On Arcade Game Mode, default settings:
1. Started New Game on Assassin storyline
2. Went to sea, found enemy ships around Bonaire
3. Instant Boarding ability not available, which makes sense since I didn't have it
4. Cheat to get this ability, then use it on Spanish ship
5. After successfully capturing the other ship, Instant Boarding no longer available

If this happens again, can you make a savegame and upload it, please?

ive had this happen on and off i found that when the instant boarding perk was disabled on realistic i just had to switch to arcade get it then switch back to realistic and in that case it was useable however manny times i wanted.

So it gets messed up when swapping between Realism Modes? Ugh.
But then... Really, you should stay on one mode at a time! :whipa

:wp uhh hey what are you doing with that whip ? no , hey ahhhh! *lashed horrifically*

Since I cannot replicate this problem, I am archiving the issue.

Back