• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Not a Bug Problems with cargo

Tingyun

Corsair
Storm Modder
EDIT See below, ran further tests today with latest version and cargo looks fine now. I must have been doing something weird yesterday, please change to not a bug.

Last edited:
do you know for sure you are not mistaking merchants and navy ships?
The function should take it into account. but I will have a closer look at it later.

@Levis: How are the ships being supplied now? If you indeed use GiveShip2Character, the ships should always get a "standard supply".
Then for cargo ships, you could fill the rest of their hold with some cargo goods or another. And for navy ships, that bit can be skipped.

1) The give ship function thinks it needs far more supplies than it does, crowding out merchant cargo,
Not possible. If the default cargo doesn't fit in the ship, then in the ship initialization process, the cargo space is increased until it DOES fit.

2) amount of ammunition needed should be different for navy and merchant ships, or else both set low and then navy ships fill up on additional ammunition afterwards and merchants fill up on goods
It uses the same logic as behind the "Auto Buy" button at the stores. Ammo needed depends on the number of cannons and their calibre.

This mod is very much related: Planned Feature - Include Cannon Weight and Number in Cargo Capacity | PiratesAhoy!
At some point, I had the idea of giving all navy ships enough cargo space for DOUBLE the supplies as regular ships.
So you could set the "number of days" that a ship can survive on its supplied, which defaults to 30 but is set to 60 for navy ships.
I cannot remember now how much of that is disabled at the moment though. But the code to do that does exist. :yes

something odd is going on with that initial 200 goods. Maybe it is random that I was always getting silver and mahogany 4 times in a row (random can be funny), but even so it feels like an initial 200 goods is being "forced" onto the ships.
That sounds positively bizarre. This one is for @Levis.

@Levis @Pieter Boelen

Ran further tests today with latest levis version, and no bug, cargo looks fine.

Please close this down, must have been user error on my part. Current version is fine.

Sorry about that.:p

@Levis: How are the ships being supplied now? If you indeed use GiveShip2Character, the ships should always get a "standard supply".
Then for cargo ships, you could fill the rest of their hold with some cargo goods or another. And for navy ships, that bit can be skipped.
this is happening now.
But good to hear it does seem to work

Back