• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Programming and other stuff

Maleus

Landlubber
Hi everyone,
I am a french student in computer science/physics (double major) and with a great fondness for pirates. I have been looking for a 4X game set in the pirate setting. I also have an heavy history of playing role playong game (pen & paper) and mostly Pavillon Noir (Black Flag) a french rpg on pirates. So i am here to offer my help and skillset to you. I have mostly worked on C program for now but i am currently learning C++ and object oriented programmation and reading the CE doc. If needed i can also help on the game design from a logic point of vue and do a little quest writting if you want.
In the meantime Ahoy to you all.

Bon soír mon ami. Ça-Va?
Je parlé la français... Non beacoup

apologies my French is still very broken but I can usually read it better than write or speak .
Been a few years since ive had to use it. Lol

Anyhow, welcome mate

I'm lead in the writing department, and we're just getting started there. Im sure they could use you over in programming in some way but im not up to date as far as where theyre at in that area.

Im sure Armada or Pieter will come to address that soon.

If you would like I could use a few more active members on my new team.

Im a COMP SCI major as well headee in the last semester of core :D. Been on a computer since I was 3

anyhow welcome mate! Glad to have you aboard. :)

Welcome, mate! I have added you to the "Programmers" group.

I haven't heard of the latest progress in programming for a bit either, but I know there's still progress being made.
Wedori, Captain Murphy and Danny Burkhart have been working on the CryEngine.

Welcome mate!

We would love your help on the CryEngine evaluation. Right now Wedori and I are working on damage and cannon models but we could use someone to look into the dialog system and inventory system for the CryEngine to get us some progress there. Once we have some inventory system working (I have some links to how someone else was able to make it work) I think we will be well on our way to a working demo.

Back