• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Progress made on my modding endevor

FireBat

Landlubber
Storm Modder
Pirate Legend
2cwwigk.jpg

Okay, so during my not so relative silence, i have been working at adding items to the goods list. Right now, this mod is only compatible with cmv2, but once i can get my greedy little hook on cmv3, I will be making this a cmv3 only mod (only because I want to move forward, not back)
By using OfficerPuppy's mod, and constantly pestering him with questions, and Luke, and James, and the rest of you guys too, I've been able to add to list of goods. Luke brought forward some other great idea for trade goods as well, and probably will be implementing most of them.

Issues: For whatever reason, i cannot get a 'pitch' icon to show up. I have tried pointing it at various different icons on goods.tga.tx but nothing will show. Probably a " missing somewhere, but i can find...spent the better part of 2 hours trying to fix it...gave up.

Running out of room: goods.tga.tx is running out of room. I may have room for 4 more icons. I have tried a couple of different ideas in trying to get around this. First, I tried creating a new file called goodsnew.tga.tx and then pointing the newly created goods icons in that direction. No luck. Next, I tried creating a new goods.tga.tx that was twice as large as the original (the original was 1024x1024) but when trying to save it as a .tga, i was not allowed. When doing so manually, i was unable to open the file.

I will be uploading the alpha version, please give it a bit of a test, and if you find any other bugs that i have missed, or improvements that could be made, dont hesitate to let me know

thanks again
FB

Just to let you know. I see only one problem. Molasses is spelled incorrectly. **winks**

Looking awesome, FB!

Cap'n Drow

I've downloaded the mod FB and updated it to be compatable with CMV3 and included my own changes so your up to speed and what i have done too with those files. :onya

For FireBat.7z

The changes i've made to this version are.
Updated to CMV3 compatability.
Goods.H tidied up.
Trade Goods in store now listed in a more easier to read manor.
Goods weights updated to be more realistic
Amount of goods per pack updated for food, rum gun powder and a few other things.

Thanks for the heads up bud! Fixeded! (lol)

Nicely done FB. :onya

I don't get what you mean by running out of room though?

goods.tga.tx is for the goods icons. If i were to keep the goods the same size as they are now, I would only have room for 4 more icons i think.

I've downloaded the mod FB and updated it to be compatable with CMV3 and included my own changes so your up to speed and what i have done too with those files. :onya

For FireBat.7z

The changes i've made to this version are.
Updated to CMV3 compatability.
Goods.H tidied up.
Trade Goods in store now listed in a more easier to read manor.
Goods weights updated to be more realistic
Amount of goods per pack updated for food, rum gun powder and a few other things.

Thanks bud! I was just going to update it to be compatible this morning :onya Nice to see the goods list all nice and tidy now too. I was worried about messing with it, as OP had his new goods at the bottom, figured it wouldnt work any other way. This will really help. The next set of goods i add will be based off of your weights. I'll pick it up as soon as the ftp is back up.
(did you know the ftp is down? :shrug )

(FB EDIT: Its back up again! :) )

(FB EDITx2: I will be adding Vegetables, millet, ivory, and skins., to the trade goods list as per your idea Luke. As for fine crystal, yellow amber, and gold dust, i wonder if instead of them being trade goods, they could be items.
If we are to add anymore trade goods, the icons for them are going to have to be from other goods, as there is only room for 4 more. (either that we figure out how to add more. I'm wondering if could shrink all the trade good icons so that more can fit on goods.tga.tx, but would that make the icons in the game smaller too...i dont know)

Even if you do run out of room, you've managed to add a ton of new items, it's still a really good job!

Ok thanks for explaing FB. :onya

Ok FB, look forward to seeing the other goods added too, i agree with the gold dust etc as iteams, you can still use iteams as a way of trade. I think the cest in the ships cabin can hold unlimited iteam's which means you can use it to your advantage. Although iteam's been used as tradable goods doesn't give you the same kind of money as goods do but still it all mounts up in the end.

@ OP
I'm in the process of re-classing ships so that we have ships in each class. When i'm finished i will give you the finished resaults so you can give it the once over and make sure its ok . I'm on the ships.H file now i've already done the ships_init file. :will

Back