• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Prospective 3D Modeler

Fizzer

HoO Team Member
3D Artist
Provisional
Ahoy there!

My name is Sion (pronounced Sean, Shaun) and I've recently rediscovered Hearts of Oak after about twelve months. I'm impressed with what I've seen and I would love to get in on the action!

I've always been interested in game development, especially the modeling and animation side. I have some experience in 3D modeling and I've dabbled in using Blender and the student version of Maya. But because I've not had a project or anything to work towards, I've never actually finished a model. So, in a way, helping you would really be helping me! I'd be interested in modeling the smaller game assets like weapons and what not but I would love to eventually be able to work on the ships.

Thanks in advance for your time :)

:ahoy

More modelers are always welcome. Those who can direct you to what needs doing will be along shortly.

Ahoy, mate! Welcome to the forum.

I have set you up as provisional 3D Modeler and added you to the relevant private message group as well.

@superdurnius is in charge of weapons, if you would like to help out there.
Alternatively, @Ashinokami and @RobinPC can always use more work on terrain, props and architecture. :cheers

Great stuff!

Yes, weapons are definitely of interest. I'd be happy to help with anything else too. Always wanting to learn more!

Just a quick question before I get going. Will there be a problem with using the student version of Maya?

Last edited:
The Student license is fine, since we're not out to make a profit.

Back