• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Punitive Squadron and Battle Fleets

Alefy

Landlubber
There is something wrong in the new build 14 beta 3!
First, why I so far have not found a ship of the line and my fleet has 4 of these and my level is 110.
Second, battle Fleets are the same as punitive squadron?
If not, Why did I ever found a punitive squadron?
And finally, Why I can not find any more shpis of line?
PS: Sorry for this terrible english google translate is not too GOOD.

What time period are you playing in? Ship appearance depends on the year and even then the larger ships are very rare.
Also depends on what nation ships you encounter.

There is something called "punitive squadrons" in the game, but I don't think they work as such.
They're just normal encounters like all others.

The period is REVOLUTIONS and when I played the beta 2.5 the appearance of ships of the line was much more frequent, but now ..

The "Lineship47" is a fail-safe ship in Revolutions for when the game cannot find a good ship to generate.
We have been working very hard the past few weeks to prevent this from ever happening, because that is technically a bug.
So that would have greatly reduced the amounts that you see of those. See here for more details:
http://www.piratesahoy.net/threads/ship-encounter-chances-correction.17815/

There are still encounters with a lot of large ships, such as the "armada" containing between 6-10 ships of Tiers 1-3.
However, that is one encounter out of many, so it only makes sense that you wouldn't encounter them all the time.

Back