• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Quality of letters

superkid

Sailor
At last I've been able to try PotC without swiftshader and I can say I'm really impressed with all the new features and the added content.

However, I've noticed that since my computer is really old it can't deal with all those new ships, especially when in big battles. So I changed the texture quality to low. This caused the game to run smoothly with the newer ships but made the letters' quality so low, that they're not readable at all.

What I ask is, if there's a way to reduce the graphics' quality of the game, but keep letters and icons readable like what happens with CoAS.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the answer! I tried that now but although it has the desire effect, it crashes when going out to sea. (I checked 800x600 and full screen at the config.exe.

What is your native screen resolution? Try different resolutions at the same ratio as that. Example: 4:3, 16:9, 16:10.....

I tried it and it still crashes at sea. However, if I turn my computer's resolution to 1024x768 and in config.exe uncheck fullscreen it's allright.

Is it possible to make my computer change automatically it's resoloution to the game's setting each time running it and after closing it to make it back to normal? So as I won't have to change my resolution every time I run the game.(like compatibility mode)

Nvidia and ATI have options in their control panel for stuff like that. Dunno about Intel..............

SwiftShader doesn't work wonders on game performance. Try the new fix.
Hylie, could you find the link for me please? I still don't have much time.

The font problem was already remedied, but if we found something that worked better it could always be dropped in. That's not exactly our top priority at the moment. There are limited numbers of PotC modders and those who are are focused on other aspects of the game, largely composed of ships.

If it's just a matter of switching out textures, it should be a fairly basic job that you could potentially tackle if you were so inclined.

Back