• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Fixed quest find Danielle: killing ferro cerezo

I mean: Does the quest or dialog suggest you should be able to do that?
If not, this may be an unintended path.

the questbook tells me that i should capture the ship, the dialog just tells me that isn't willing to give me the papers for free.
so i thought maybe he got them with him and i just have to kill him, but the the Questbook tells me that i sank the ship and the papers are lost in the sea(which is not bad cause it was evidence against the patre).

Ship ship quests trigger when the captain is killed.
Normally that captain shouldn't walk around ashore, but in this case he does.
Killing him also kills his ship.

So I understand why the game code makes this happen.
There are several possible solutions, the most obvious one being: Don't kill him ashore.
Second one is to enable Godmode on him so you can't kill him ashore. :cheeky

If you enable godmode on Ferro Cerezo then you'll need to detect when the player goes to sea, then remove it again. Otherwise his ship will be unsinkable...

If you enable godmode on Ferro Cerezo then you'll need to detect when the player goes to sea, then remove it again. Otherwise his ship will be unsinkable...
Yep, very true.

Before doing anything though, I want to know IF the problem is indeed "being able to kill him".

It's only a problem in that the game assumes that you kill him by sinking his ship and adds a questbook entry accordingly. Someone had the idea of killing Virgile Boon in port rather than going after his ship, which was supported, so perhaps we should allow Ferro Cerezo to be killed in the tavern as well. Though simply hitting him while he's sitting is a bit too easy!

It's only a problem in that the game assumes that you kill him by sinking his ship and adds a questbook entry accordingly. Someone had the idea of killing Virgile Boon in port rather than going after his ship, which was supported, so perhaps we should allow Ferro Cerezo to be killed in the tavern as well. Though simply hitting him while he's sitting is a bit too easy!
That would require adding that as a proper path, wouldn't it? So with a duel that needs to be some sort of a challenge, I imagine.
Sounds like a lot of work.... :unsure

In PROGRAM\Storyline\standard\quests\quests_reaction.c this should prevent the exploit in the future:
Code:
    // PB: Prevent Exploit -->
       LAi_SetImmortal(characterFromID("ferro cerezo"), true); // PB: Prevent Exploit
       Pchar.quest.ferro_leaves.win_condition.l1 = "ExitFromLocation";
       Pchar.quest.ferro_leaves.win_condition.l1.location = "Conceicao_tavern";
       Pchar.quest.ferro_leaves.win_condition = "ferro_leaves";
     break;

case "ferro_leaves":
       LAi_SetImmortal(characterFromID("ferro cerezo"), false);
       ChangeCharacterAddress(characterFromID("ferro cerezo"), "none", "");
     break;
     // PB: Prevent Exploit <--

Back