• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Quest help - find the pirate ship

Surfmutt

Landlubber
Can someone lay out how to find the pirate ship to complete the quests the mayors sometimes give to you (to raise loyatly). He says something like its been attacking merchant ships in the area but no one can give any info on the captain or the ship and he gives you 14-17days to find and board or sink it.

Everytime I get this quest I sail around the city on the world map engaging about every ship I see (including numerous pirates). I also look using SAIL TO --> on the sea map to see if any odd ships have appeared (that were not on world map). No dice.

Does this special pirate ship appear with colored sails on the world map like other quest ships do?

well the ship in question doesn't appear as a pirate ship at 1st.so direct sailing to every ship out
of the forts ranges is best way to find it.btw no need to go to world map at all.

and sometimes you have to launch a boat to find the pirate ship,
most of the time it raises it's flag and starts firing soon as ya port in but sometimes it doesn't.

Thanks so much, man. That worked, I launched the boat, talked to him (he admits he is the pirate), then killed his crew. After that I had to return to my ship and storm his ship.

Thanks for ending much frustration.

Wow, I did not know to look for the pirate ship through direct sail. I tried this mission 3 times by attacking all the pirate ships on the world map but I always ran out of time.

Another thing to note is that the governors missions do not need to be played in any special order. I was able to get my patent/letter of marque by doing other missions instead. It may even be possible to get your patent without even leaving the port/island.

Fred Bob got hisself offered a LOM from a Frenchie Gov after clearin' his towne o' undead pyrates durin' de Flyin' Dutchman quest! :onya
Weird thang be dat Fred Bob already had him an English or Spanish LOM! :huh

Does the game let you have more than one LOM and titles at a time? Can I get another patent/letter of marque by doing missions from another nations governor? I didnt know this was possible. Fred Bob, I think yur game be bugged.

I think one of the ways this could possibly happen is via the COAS quest, which deactivates your patent, theoretically allowing you to buy/earn a second one and switch between them. I haven't tested this, though, and I have no idea what kind of gamebreaking bugs would ensue.

I read in another thread that say for example you had a LoM from the Dutch, and you did a mission from another nations governor, you wouldn't be able to do any more missions from the Dutch, and that it might break/bug your game.

I hope that one day CoAS will be modded similarly to PoTC. I had lots of fun in the PoTC builds working for multiple nations, sinking ships with a LoM, and then gaining land and titles and even courting governors daughters. CoAS seems kind of bland in comparison, but with the added content it would make a great build someday.

Fred Bob, when you got that second LoM, did it overwrite your first one? Where you still able to get missions from the nation with your original LoM?

Fred Bob, when you got that second LoM, did it overwrite your first one? Where you still able to get missions from the nation with your original LoM?
Arrr, Stowaway! :p2 Fred Bob didn't be acceptin' de proffered LoM from de Frog Guv at de time, 'twas afraid it might be a messin' sumptin' up! :facepalm However, matey, gittin' a second LoM removes yer first one! :rolleyes: So's if'n ye ain't done finished yer gov-general quest line, den thangs be truly messed up fer ye! :no Ye kin purt near always do gov quests, no matter who ye be a werkin' fer! :yes Anudder thang, ye kin only do one gov-general quest line per game, so de second LoM only serves to git ye favor and privileges! :shrug Dat be ol' Fred Bob's exper'ence! :cheeky

That be alright for now I suppose. The only reason I do the governor-general missions is to unlock the ability to capture settlements. Hopefully CoAS will be modded similarly to PoTC someday to allow the character to capture settlements from the beginning. I would like to see a points system like in PoTC where the character can gain titles and land by capturing enemy ships instead of doing the missions.

Another thing that is needed for both games is something to do with all the cash my character accumulates. In PoTC you can divide the spoils and add money to your personal wealth, but even then you end up with too much money and all that looting and pillaging becomes boring after you have a huge stash. I still play though because I love the naval combat and the boardings and sword fights.

Btw Fred Bob, I see on your Xfire signiture that you play Battlefield 1942. BF 1942 is one of my favorite games of all time and I play it quite often. What is your screen-name and what servers do you usually play on? Have you ever tried the Battlefield Pirates Mod?

Back