• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Quest problem?

bobboberts

Landlubber
I seem to be stuck again with a quest.

I'm doing a quest for a British governor who wants me to go to the shipyard in Santo Domingo and pick up a parcel. I'm not supposed to raise an alarm. I went there at night and stood beside the shipbuilders door, but every once in a while a guard will walk by and attack. I can't get into the shipyard because the door at night is locked.

I landed on the island seeing if I could find some alternate route into the shipyard, but nothing. I went to every mooring point around the island also seeing if I could find some entrance to the shipyard but nothing.

How do I get in?

Thanks.

You can't get in there at night for sure.

What you need to do is grab yourself a trade license for Spain. And make sure that you have no Spanish bounty on your head. A stealth skill of 60 or better would be helpful. And you need to have the Spanish Flag perk.

If you go in at night, sleep in the tavern until day. Then just go see the guy at the shipyard. Or, just drop anchor right at the Santo Domingo port during the day and enter the town. If the fort doesn't ID you, you're home free. When guards approach you will have the license and so you are there legally and they will leave you alone.

The no raising alarms thing is a bit mis-leading. This is not a stealth mission.

Just make sure that you are flying Spanish colors when you drop anchor wherever that may be.

Thanks scrogdog, it worked. I had to do it exactly as you said. I tried staying overnight outside but the shipyard guy just attacked me when I saw him even though I had a trade license. I had to go back to my ship, change my flag with the spanish trade license, dock at the town port, stayed overnight at the tavern then simply walk to the shipyard.

Thanks, it helped.

I just completed this quest yesterday. Lol, I did it the harder way without buying the trading lisence.

I landed at the beach and approached the port during the day to avoid patrols. In the jungle section, before the entrance to the city section, I waited at x3 speed until 00:00. Save game. Entered the exit to the jungle section, (hopefully there is not a patrol there) and then entered the city. (there are no gate guards at night)
From the city gates you have to avoid the guards and sneak your way to the tavern. (there is no fast travel. The guards can only see to their front and sides, but keep your distance anyway.) Spend the night at the tavern. Before you walk out the tavern door, save your game. You now have to sneak your way past the guards to the shipyard. Once there, you can collect the parcel. Save game.
You can now either sneak back to the tavern, get a room till night, and then sneak out of the city and back to the ship, or you can fight your way out of the city. Return to the governor and get your reward. When you do enough missions for him he will give you a patent/letter of marque.

I thought that this was a fun mission. It reminded me of the sneak into town missions that I played in Sid Miers Pirates.

Back