• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Question about the Weapons Locker

jkavorski

Landlubber
So how exactly does the weapons locker work? Does it select the best X weapons' stats, does it average all the weapons' stats, does it sum up all the stats of the weapons, or does it do something else? Basically, I want to know this: Is it always beneficial to put all extra weapons in the locker?

What if I had a bunch of really great weapons in there, then I put a few average shovels in there. Would it lower my crew's fighting ability during a board (because now the average is worse)? Or would it only select, say, the best 5 (or some other number) weapons, and therefore ignore the crappy ones?

Also, what if I don't have any weapons in there? What will the crew fight with?

I hope these questions make sense :D
Thanks, love the mod :)

So how exactly does the weapons locker work? Does it select the best X weapons' stats, does it average all the weapons' stats, does it sum up all the stats of the weapons, or does it do something else? Basically, I want to know this: Is it always beneficial to put all extra weapons in the locker?

What if I had a bunch of really great weapons in there, then I put a few average shovels in there. Would it lower my crew's fighting ability during a board (because now the average is worse)? Or would it only select, say, the best 5 (or some other number) weapons, and therefore ignore the crappy ones?

Also, what if I don't have any weapons in there? What will the crew fight with?
To the best of my knowlege, "Age of Pirates" has no weapons locker. ;) The discussion for "Pirates of the Caribbean" (where the Build Mod does provide a weapons locker) is this way; the discussion for "City of Abandoned Ships", alias "Age of Pirates 2" (which may or may not have a weapons locker, I don't have that game so I don't know) is that way.

Within "Pirates of the Caribbean" plus Build Mod, if you don't have anything in the weapons locker then the crew seem to have some basic weapons of their own anyway. If you have stocked the locker then the crew appear to choose from among the best - I generally keep some "Fine" quality weapons for myself and my officers, plus anything which has been polished by a blacksmith. Surplus weapons of "Fine" quality or less go into the locker. The crew tend to ignore basic cutlasses and sabres and go for the Atwood 100 if it's available, and who can blame them? :) So I would guess that in general the crew will choose the best available; putting lesser weapons won't do any harm, it just won't do any good either unless all the good weapons have been taken by crew who then got themselves killed and didn't bring them back.

Your crew uses the best weapons in your weapons locker. They will use the best quality of that weapon too. For instance I give my crew the Portagee sword in excellent condition. When it gets worn they stop using it. They also use single shot pistols of all types, muskets and musketoons, and armor.

I play it safe and try to have more weapons in the locker than crew. Dunno if it helps, but it makes me feel better. I do not believe that the weapons average out. The crew does damage and blocks like the officers do.

Back