• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

question - answer

priest

Landlubber
I have a few question, so plese if anybodu can help:

1. can I recruit oficers for other ships or only for my own??? if can, how???
2. what is the best way to incrise my autority???
3. what actions increases my ability???
4. when do I receive personal ability??? on what it depeands will it be personal or ship ability +1???
5. has anybodu found something in bermuda shipyard dungeon??? i go there give 20 000 beet all the skeletons and found only a few items of no walue...
6. in flying dutchman quest: when i land on random shor i don't have any clue to go to amatice shor and faund white boy... where did you found some clue about amatice shor???
and when i fight again whit dutchman on random shor, I now have som kind of strange hand...???

7. i am playing regular game, no mods or adds, so i am interested in diferents betven regular game and Combined Mod Version 3???
is it good to instal Combined Mod Version 3 ???

P.S.- sorry if englih is bad... :)

4. when do I receive personal ability??? on what it depeands will it be personal or ship ability +1???
5. has anybodu found something in bermuda shipyard dungeon??? i go there give 20 000 beet all the skeletons and found only a few items of no walue...
6. in flying dutchman quest: when i land on random shor i don't have any clue to go to amatice shor and faund white boy... where did you found some clue about amatice shor???
and when i fight again whit dutchman on random shor, I now have som kind of strange hand...???

7. i am playing regular game, no mods or adds, so i am interested in diferents betven regular game and Combined Mod Version 3???

1. you can recruit officers in the tavern - they are not always there, but most of the time you can find at least one; to assign them to position on your ship go to F2 menu and click on "characters". After that click on empty position and window will open with available officers.

2. I have no idea what increases the authoritiy, but it goes up pretty fast over the time.

3. leveling the skills

4. You get personal after you gain 20 (not sure about the exact number, that's just an example) levels in your personal skills, and ship ability after you gain 20 (again, just an example) levels in ship skills

5. Only after I bought a treasure map I found something of a value there, but usually it's like you said only skeletons and few items.

6.,7. - no idea, let's wait for someone else to reply :D

[/quote]

1. you can recruit officers in the tavern - they are not always there, but most of the time you can find at least one; to assign them to position on your ship go to F2 menu and click on "characters". After that click on empty position and window will open with available officers.

[/quote]

i know how to recruit officers, but i don't know is there any way to put them on my companion ship, other ship where my oficer is a comander???

[/quote]

i know how to recruit officers, but i don't know is there any way to put them on my companion ship, other ship where my oficer is a comander???
[/quote]

You have to go to your ships tab, Select the ship you want to assign the officer to, then select Remove Captain. Then assign Captain. That will open a window showing which officers you can select to command that ship. ;)

MK

1. I think you can give other ships a captain only - no other officers.

5. Only when I bought a Treasure Map - even then the Treasure was only worth 18,000 when I sold it ( did not cover the cost of the map 26,000 & cost to Bermuda Shipwright 20,000 ) - though I don't know what determines the amount of treasure in Treasure Quests. :shrug

[/quote]

[/quote]

You have to go to your ships tab, Select the ship you want to assign the officer to, then select Remove Captain. Then assign Captain. That will open a window showing which officers you can select to command that ship. ;)

MK

that is for captain, i know that too... i am interested in officers...

5. Only when I bought a Treasure Map - even then the Treasure was only worth 18,000 when I sold it ( did not cover the cost of the map 26,000 & cost to Bermuda Shipwright 20,000 ) - though I don't know what determines the amount of treasure in Treasure Quests. :shrug

BTW - You can get to the dungeon from Ruin Shore - ( with your back to the sea go round the rocks on your left - might need to swim - to get to cave/dungeon enterance) - so you do not need to pay the Bermuda shipwright the 20,000 :dance

have anybodu answer for 6 and 7???
I allso have another problem: when i start to play with another caracter i can not save game...

Ahoy Mates !!

Don't mean to hijack the thread but I have a little question?

I've been having the most wild of times sailing a War Tartane into battle. My question is are there any other ships in AOP2 that put you at the same level on the water and into the waves instead of above the waves and that have a slightly larger cargo hold and maybe 10 lb. cannons, just wondering? 

It seems like the War Tartane behaves differently than all the rest of the ships I've sailed both while onboard and viewed from 3rd person perspective. The only reason I ask is I can't capture much cargo with this little fun craft. The Tartane I am sailing now has 284 cargo size, and 8 lb. cannons. 

Of all the ships I've sailed so far the War Tartane is the most exciting, for me anyway. Its close to the water, in the waves, almost a lifelike sailing experience. The little Tartane reminds me of my 15 foot Alumacraft down on the river one windy day when I was fighting huge monster sized waves, trying to go upriver, into the wind, while trying to get back to the boat-landing before dark. 

Thanks. Lord Fauntleroy.

6. go on south of spanish port belize which is in west block land.
you go south and you will see an arphileago of stone go to see and from there you select amatrice shore

when you are on land exit the cavern and go alway left till you find a settlement.kill those bastards go back to your ship and then go again to the settlement and talk with white boy

can anyone tell me why all my stats have minus signs suddenly????even the P.I.R.A.T.E.S. hav (-5) signs next to each..

why???hav i done something wrong??is there any way to restore it?i cant figure it out..

can anyone tell me why all my stats have minus signs suddenly????even the P.I.R.A.T.E.S. hav (-5) signs next to each..

why???hav i done something wrong??is there any way to restore it?i cant figure it out..

I'd say you're sailing with class 2(maybe 3) ship while your navigation stat is enough for class 5 maybe - go to you character page and hold right click over navigation skill, there's an explanation what is required. Solution is simple, either get smaller ship or hire navigator that has high enough navigation skill.

i see..didnt notice that..

by the way,if i change my companion's ship to the one that are not suitable for his navigation skill,will i suffer penalty too??

i see..didnt notice that..

by the way,if i change my companion's ship to the one that are not suitable for his navigation skill,will i suffer penalty too??

Depends, only your ship affects your abilities, while companion's ship would affect his abilities - so, if I understood you correctly, he would get penalty not you.

Back