• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Question from Russia

NORD(RUS)

Landlubber
Greetings Pirates Ahoy! I since small years am the fan of series Age of Pirates, well and now I a beginner moder))) Live I on historical native land Age of Pirates, namely in Russia. In us Age of pirates it is very popular also the publisher still receives quite good money for game, on it the developer yet has not opened game scripts!!! And we should use western CRack to change corsairs. But on rebarks to the publisher of a fashion for City of Abandoned Ships appear again and again, sometimes with original ideas (for example there is a construction and colony development, arena etc.). Therefore Russia does not know anything about the western fashions.
I have absolutely casually learnt about Bild's and I had a thought to acquaint Russia with remarkable mod. But before to type a command, there are 2 questions to founders:
1. This official permission to localise.
2. 2. Whether there will be a transition a fashion on platform City of Abandoned Ships. (It is the main question because about POC in Russia for a long time have forgotten.)
p.s.I'm sorry for the English, I understand well, and here I speak badly because learnt German language.

1. As far as I'm concerned, you're welcome to localize any of our work to Russian.
I'll always be interested in more cooperation between the Western and Russian modding groups. :yes

2. We would like to move over as much as we can from the PotC Build Mod to CoAS.
However, we don't have the people to do it, so this won't be happening soon.
Of course we still do want to finish Build 14 first anyway.

Of course we still do want to finish Build 14 first anyway.

You know that is something i just don't understand, why do you guys insist in continuing to improve windows 3.11 when you now have windows 7 to improve on...? what a f***ing waste of time and energy!
But by all means keep doing it! Then when it is done and everyone finally devotes time and energy to COAS and gets it's completed, build 14 will be long forgotten... except for a few modders who will remember how much time was wasted on it... and what will be even better!?! Akella will have put out an even newer game by then... But wait we will be to busy at that time trying to mod COAS.... WTF??????... move on people! Bar none if you modders working on build 14 spent just half your energy on COAS it would blow build 14 out of the water in nothing flat!

I understand your disbelief, but Pieter likes finishing things, then moving on. But we have no manpower to move on at the moment. So please be polite and do not nag about our way of working, especially not if you are new..

Indeed even if we DID want to move on, we are so seriously lacking in manpower that there's no way in which we could.
I do see your point, which is reinforced by the fact that we've got the source code for CoAS.
However, we discussed this at length in the past. See here for the applicable thread: http://forum.piratesahoy.net/topic/13287-porting-the-build-mod-to-coas/
Hopefully that'll allow you to understand where we're coming from. And feel free to restart the discussion. Maybe people feel different now.

Personally, I don't care too much about CoAS at this time. I find the difference between PotC and CoAS to be minor at best.
CoAS is a better unmodded game for sure and does have some better graphics, but gameplay-wise PotC has a lot to offer as well.
Basically, PotC with our modpack is pretty much the game we want to make.
If we'd move over to CoAS now, we'd have to start all over again because CoAS, at this stage,
isn't quite the game we want to make, because a lot of our additions aren't in there.
Sure we could add them, but then we turn full circle again and run into the manpower issue.

BTW: As proven by our discussion thread, it isn't just me who wants to finish things first.
We've always decided things in a democratic way.

Indeed even if we DID want to move on, we are so seriously lacking in manpower that there's no way in which we could.

:yes

It all depends on the number of people available.

What they are able to do ( have the ability / skill to do ) & have the time to do

What they are interested in doing

And what they are willing to volunteer to do.

Since everyone here freely volunteers their time & skills

:drunk

Back