• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Question..mission..find spy

bobboberts

Landlubber
I'm still new to COAS, so this might be a dumb question.
I first landed on Martinique and the first mission the French Governor gives me is to find a Spy in the town. I ran out of time and couldn't find him.
I talked to every single NPC in every single house atleast 3 times over and still nothing?

I found a clue at this website; which said he is either on the street or in a house? I've been everywhere except one house near the city's gates which never seems to open. I stayed at the door of this house for 18 hours and no
open sign appeared?

I don't think there's much more that I could tell you. You talk to someone in the street and if you get a dialog option pertaining to this quest, then the spy is in the street and you need to talk to everyone in the street until you find him (including guards and vendors, I believe). If not, then you need to talk to people in houses.

I never search the houses only the streets and 99% of the time i find him that 1% was once when i ran out of time, but i normally look near the harbour, tavern and governers office. I alway's save before i do any missions for anyone aswell. :onya

Really? I've never had a spy in the street. :woot But yeah, saving before asking for missions is a very good idea. If you aren't able to finish the mission or just plain don't like it, you can simply reload. :razz

I got it. I reloaded the save from 3 days ago and got into the house that I couldn't get in and he was there.

If the all of the missions take this long it will take 1000 years to complete this game. oh well.

Thanks for the replies, I have a funny feeling this won't be the last time I get stuck.

Really? I've never had a spy in the street. :woot But yeah, saving before asking for missions is a very good idea. If you aren't able to finish the mission or just plain don't like it, you can simply reload. :razz

Strange, oh well at least he's there. I never search the houses which is why i never find him there, maybe one day i will do that and he'll be there. Or maybe that 1 which i couldn't find hid in a house. :facepalm

I got it. I reloaded the save from 3 days ago and got into the house that I couldn't get in and he was there.

If the all of the missions take this long it will take 1000 years to complete this game. oh well.

Thanks for the replies, I have a funny feeling this won't be the last time I get stuck.

Yep i think you will be back again. :rolleyes:

The walkthrough topic pinned at the top of this forum is a good source and it will help your greatly in your quest to become what ever you want to become, i generally play as the merchant who never breaks the law, never steals and buy's a letter of maque before attacking any other enemy nation. Then i get bored and attack averyone flying there colours till i get along side them and then i fly my true colours and blast hell out of them. xD:

Back