• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Question on CoAS

jmaverick

Sailor
:rolleyes: Hi
Just a question: I'm playing withe a vanilla version of AoP2, i.e. like it is with no mods. Is it possible to play the CoAs quest or, because of bugs, there are mods or fixes to apply? Thx, take care :gday

the tenochtitlan quest is buged in vanilla...and in some other quests are hard to solve because you get not much information...if i'm right you can find a mod to fix the tenochtitlan bug...or at least a guide how to fix.

but I'm recommend the community mod in version 3 (CMv3)...there you will find much improvements wich make the game better (all known bugfixes, new ships, better interface (you see when you are out of rum like with food in vanilla), new heros, new classes, you can start as pirate, much better icons...and...and...and...

the tenochtitlan quest is buged in vanilla...and in some other quests are hard to solve because you get not much information...if i'm right you can find a mod to fix the tenochtitlan bug...or at least a guide how to fix.

but I'm recommend the community mod in version 3 (CMv3)...there you will find much improvements wich make the game better (all known bugfixes, new ships, better interface (you see when you are out of rum like with food in vanilla), new heros, new classes, you can start as pirate, much better icons...and...and...and...

I would prefer playing vanilla, but since the ahoy-patch is still in progress, I go for CMV3. Now I see that there is CMV3 and also a CmV3 patch 1.7, Questions on how to do
istall the game
apply CMV3 final
install CMV3 patch 1.7
is that correct?
What happens if I do not install patch 1.7?
Many thanks

I would prefer playing vanilla, but since the ahoy-patch is still in progress, I go for CMV3. Now I see that there is CMV3 and also a CmV3 patch 1.7, Questions on how to do
istall the game
apply CMV3 final
install CMV3 patch 1.7
is that correct?
What happens if I do not install patch 1.7?
Many thanks

I better specify my questions: as far as I understand Coas CMV3 is a .exe, so I should install it executing the .exe, correct? Patch 1 is a zip file which generates two files: Program and a Resource. Should I copy them and replaec the old ones?
Thx

Yep, the files in Patch 1 are most likely the ones that have edits and will only overwrite the files that are obselete now ;)

That is correct, install CMV3.EXE (you must set installation path to game directory manually) then install CMV3 patch 1 when CMV3 has finished installing, this is a manual install and only has files that have been edited and new ship models etc.

That is correct, install CMV3.EXE (you must set installation path to game directory manually) then install CMV3 patch 1 when CMV3 has finished installing, this is a manual install and only has files that have been edited and new ship models etc.
Many thanks, tried to download via HTTP CMv3 exe but very close to 90% the transfer stopped and now I get:
The website you are trying to view is currently experiencing difficulties, please try again later.
Is backup site available? Any FTP site available?
Thx

I noticed that the FTP stopped working, but apparently it really VERY recently stopped working then!
I'm hoping it'll fix itself somehow soon, but I don't know.
Seems like a good idea to start using the ModDB then, mates; at least that's not going to disappear any time soon.

I noticed that the FTP stopped working, but apparently it really VERY recently stopped working then!
I'm hoping it'll fix itself somehow soon, but I don't know.
Seems like a good idea to start using the ModDB then, mates; at least that's not going to disappear any time soon.
How do I find ModDB?
Thx

Right here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/city-of-abandoned-ships-combined-mods
But the V3 modpack hasn't been uploaded there yet.

Right here: http://www.moddb.com/mods/city-of-abandoned-ships-combined-mods
But the V3 modpack hasn't been uploaded there yet.
Thx, waiting for FTP coming alive again :-(
Sorry to come back to you, but it seems that the FTP is down due to 'administrative' problems (....money...).....that is the answer gave me by the support, in reply to my question regarding when the site was scheduled to be up again.....
I'd like to download Cmv3 exe so please either upload it to ModDB or........
Please advise, many thanks

Back