• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Question on crew morale mechanics

Wolve

Sailor
Ahoy y'all!

So Im busy doing quests to join the Dutch Royal Navy, keep my rep up by delivering cargo for shopkeepers(Hero atm) and capturing an enemy ship here and there just because I can (and more money :rolleyes:).
However, I ran into an issue reguarding the crew morale. The morale on my flagship is heroic (or at least 80+) and doesnt degrade a lot. The crew on my 3rd ship is also quite hight at all times and doesnt degrade much either. The morale on my 2nd ship however, is dropping like a brick...and I have no clue why. I understand that being rich affects crew morale, but I only have around 100k gold give or take (that's not a lot right?) I tried putting some gold (say half) in the ship's chest, but that doesnt help.

So can anyone explain what is going on with that one ship (since the others don't have that problem)? And does anyone have some tips/tricks on how to manage crew better? I dont want to disable the mod cause I kinda like it, but this is getting silly o_O I could not find a clear guide somewhere how to manage the crew or which answers my questions.

Wolve

What is the reputation of the captain in charge of that ship.
You're a Hero yourself, so you'll probably find he has a pretty bad reputation.
So because he doesn't see eye-to-eye with you, eventually he'd commit mutiny and go off on his own.

While you can join the Dutch as a Privateer, it isn't currently possible to join any navy in mid-game.
If you start a new game with the latest Beta 4 WIP version from my signature, you can start the game already being in the navy though.
That is quite a different experience.

I meant joining as privateer :p
I just updated to the latest version and now my save files are invalid so gotta start over anyways (think the capt indeed had a slightly negative rep).
I'll keep an eye on the reputation of my officers next time, didn't know that would affect morale as well (as it is not mentioned as a cause in the FAQ, or is that a vanilla mechanic?) :)
Maybe you could add it to the FAQ about morale as a cause for it to drop?

I'll keep an eye on the reputation of my officers next time, didn't know that would affect morale as well (as it is not mentioned as a cause in the FAQ, or is that a vanilla mechanic?) :)
No, it's fairly new. I added that for the sake of linking Companion Mutinies to something.

Anyway, there is a good chance it will end up changing at some point.
I've got some ideas for it. But that will be a while.

Ok, thnx :)

Just noticed something different while playing. I've been doing those shiphunting quests for the Dutch Governors to get my rep up with them, but when boarding and stealing the ships for mony I ran into an issue. 80% of the time I need to pay the shipyard money to 'sell' the ship I just stole :/ I'm not sure if this is because they are low tier ships (tier 7 in general) or that it is a tiny bug.
Also as an idea for other quests to have some variation maybe it is cool to add a quest for which you need to destroy a scout party of a certain faction (since they sail around as well)?

Ok, thnx :)

Just noticed something different while playing. I've been doing those shiphunting quests for the Dutch Governors to get my rep up with them, but when boarding and stealing the ships for mony I ran into an issue. 80% of the time I need to pay the shipyard money to 'sell' the ship I just stole :/ I'm not sure if this is because they are low tier ships (tier 7 in general) or that it is a tiny bug.
Sounds like a fix I thought I had made to plug an exploit in selling ships may have affected this. Are you still playing as a privateer (ie have a Letter Of Marque with the Dutch) - so do these ships show as "pirated" or "taken" in the shipyard interface (which affects the selling price) when selling them? Have you got or can get a save just before selling one that you can post?

And to be certain, @Wolve: Exactly which modpack version are you running according to your game main menu?

I got the 3.3:19 from Jan 2015 (downloaded it last week from Moddb)
I'm playing as privateer with a letter of marque for the Dutch yes. I'll post a safe file later on when I have time.

I got the 3.3:19 from Jan 2015 (downloaded it last week from Moddb)
Ah, that's very, very old by now. New version coming within a few days. :cheeky

Sounds like a fix I thought I had made to plug an exploit in selling ships may have affected this. Are you still playing as a privateer (ie have a Letter Of Marque with the Dutch) - so do these ships show as "pirated" or "taken" in the shipyard interface (which affects the selling price) when selling them? Have you got or can get a save just before selling one that you can post?
The above confirms that report has nothing to do with your work on it.
So no worries there. :doff

Ah ok thnx :) Will my safe game be compatible with the new version? Else I'll have to start over again :p

Back