• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Question on Peter Blood island escape

Metallikat

Landlubber
So, when I take over the Spanish ship and sail her away I have two enemy Spanish ships following me. I simply cannot fight them, due to the amazingly slow reload rate of my ship. I assigned that cannon guy to the proper post but it doesn't seem to help much. Is there anything I can do to fight them, or maybe run away? I can't seem to no matter how hard I try.

<!--quoteo(post=325011:date=Jun 4 2009, 02:57 AM:name=Vorbikon)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Vorbikon @ Jun 4 2009, 02:57 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=325011"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->So, when I take over the Spanish ship and sail her away I have two enemy Spanish ships following me. I simply cannot fight them, due to the amazingly slow reload rate of my ship. I assigned that cannon guy to the proper post but it doesn't seem to help much.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Have you assigned Ogle to the Cannoneer post?, try to get near enough and shoot in in front of them, where you expect them to be, that way you'll compensate the lack of skill of your sailors (they take time to shoot). Keep trying, you'll manage. Just don't let them board you or you're doomed.

<!--quoteo(post=325012:date=Jun 3 2009, 10:01 PM:name=Zalioth)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zalioth @ Jun 3 2009, 10:01 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=325012"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=325011:date=Jun 4 2009, 02:57 AM:name=Vorbikon)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Vorbikon @ Jun 4 2009, 02:57 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=325011"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->So, when I take over the Spanish ship and sail her away I have two enemy Spanish ships following me. I simply cannot fight them, due to the amazingly slow reload rate of my ship. I assigned that cannon guy to the proper post but it doesn't seem to help much.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Have you assigned Ogle to the Cannoneer post?, try to get near enough and shoot in in front of them, where you expect them to be, that way you'll compensate the lack of skill of your sailors (they take time to shoot). Keep trying, you'll manage. Just don't let them board you or you're doomed.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah, I assigned him to the cannoneer post, with little apparent effect.

<!--quoteo(post=325013:date=Jun 4 2009, 03:03 AM:name=Vorbikon)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Vorbikon @ Jun 4 2009, 03:03 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=325013"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=325012:date=Jun 3 2009, 10:01 PM:name=Zalioth)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zalioth @ Jun 3 2009, 10:01 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=325012"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=325011:date=Jun 4 2009, 02:57 AM:name=Vorbikon)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Vorbikon @ Jun 4 2009, 02:57 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=325011"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->So, when I take over the Spanish ship and sail her away I have two enemy Spanish ships following me. I simply cannot fight them, due to the amazingly slow reload rate of my ship. I assigned that cannon guy to the proper post but it doesn't seem to help much.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah, I assigned him to the cannoneer post, with little apparent effect.

Just apparent, now your shots tend to go together and at the same time, believe me, it compensates. ^^

I just turned the ship the way the wind was blowing ordered bombs loaded then speed time up to 4 and those little pests just trail behind me shooting but not doing much damage, When all guns are loaded go back to normal time turn around and 1 broadside will sink one easy and that's without having the gunner manning the guns, The time I did it only one ship followed me so I never bothered sinking the last ship

The 2 luggers are a fast kill, don´t loose time on reloadin and using different ammo, simply use the 2 sides of your Frigate against them, one lugger per side... if you get some close (not too close, remember you´re low on crew and if they board you it´s done, you´re dead) a shoot at that close distance, only one broadside is enough to sink a lugger.... if you´re not lucky and one of the luggers is nearly sinked but resisted the broadside with a 3% of hull, just finish it with the front or rear cannons. With Ogle as cannoneer, if you achieve a critic the lugger is history, but you need to be closer in order to maximize the damage of the initial broadside.

<b>BEST REGARDS</b>

This was my solution

I turned around and sailed between them, heading straight for the shore.
They tried to keep there distance and rand aground taking 40 to 50% damage.
then I unloaded everything I had at close range,
then set full sail, and put my back to the wind.
Set the time accelerator to 6x.
only one of them could keep up with me. but was badly enough damage he would no longer out maneuver me.
but with the existing damage he was an easy kill.

Ive done it this way 3 times and it seems effective.

-Blade FireLight

Back