• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Question on Ships

BootstrapBill

Landlubber
Hello

I just installed POTC followed by the Build mod as per the instructions. I also added the smaller extra mod files for example the Black Pearl and Flying Ducthman. It mentions that I need to edit a *.ini to be able to set them as start ships.... I hope I am undertanding correctly, but if I don't do that can I still use them later on by capturing them or through quests?

Thanks!
G

Which modpack version did you install? If a Build 14 Alpha version, you don't need to seperately install the ships.
You will also get to encounter the film ships as part of the Jack Sparrow storyline then.

For Build 13 Final, you do need to seperately install them.
You don't encounter them then and need to manually set them as starting ship.
The file you need to edit for that is PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h .

Hi Pieter

From the instructions I gathered that I need to have build 13 full installed before installing build 14.

So I did them all in in order starting with Build 13 and patches and add-ons followed by build 14.

Is that incorrect?

Thanks,
G

Which modpack version did you install? If a Build 14 Alpha version, you don't need to seperately install the ships.
You will also get to encounter the film ships as part of the Jack Sparrow storyline then.

For Build 13 Final, you do need to seperately install them.
You don't encounter them then and need to manually set them as starting ship.
The file you need to edit for that is PROGRAM\InternalSettings.h .

Aah ok, but having installed the post Build 13 stuff like music ships ect and then Build 14 will that cause an issue? Or should I start again?

Thanks!

That should work, I think. As long as you install Build 14 as per instructions and don't install anything afterwards.

Back