• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Solved Question regarding Direct sail

Capt Pete

Powder Monkey
Ahoy!
I have grown a level 62 pirate with hero's reputation and is considered honoured . I fly a Spainish Royal Galleon in the Golden age of Piracy.
I disable direct sail quite a bit due to the slow boat I use to chase down runners. Once I have my prey and head back close to shore I toggle direct sail once again.
What I was wondering is, once you toggle off direct sail, does it toggle of other things? like "sail ho's" and random flotsam?

thanks in advance and best regards

Pete

It also toggles the 1 hour day. With Direct Sail disabled, a day lasts 24 hours. Useful if you're trying to sail into harbour with the wind blowing the wrong way, so you have to tack, so it's going to take a few hours to get there.

Toggling Direct Sail off is also useful if you're chasing an enemy ship, only you're under a false flag so he doesn't realise you're an enemy yet, and you don't want the ship disappearing as you follow it into range of the next island.

Yes. If I remember correctly, when I complained about the 1 hour day, it was you who suggested I toggle Direct Sail off or on to disable / re-enable it. ;)

Yes. If I remember correctly, when I complained about the 1 hour day, it was you who suggested I toggle Direct Sail off or on to disable / re-enable it. ;)
It would be easily checked; the relevant code is in the DirectSailCheck (or something similar to that) function in PROGRAM\CCCDirectsail.c.
The actual hour-adding is in PROGRAM\BATTLE_INTERFACE\LogInterface.c so it would need to be checked how that if-statement around it looks.
I know I rewrote that at some point and thought it made sense at the time. But I don't know anymore what I did. :wp

Yep, confirmed that the code does indeed do that. :yes

Back