• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Question to moders about mod

Kingsrevenge

Landlubber
Well my basic idea is to replace the games music and make it sound more pirate and epic like (i have a huge collection of music), my question is besides converting the sound files to 'Ogg Vorbis Audio' archive and naming them with the same names as with the sound files i want to replace, will i have to do anything else to make it work or not? That's about it all, if it is that easy to do, i will upload the files somewhere and give you guys a download link. Please help.

Cheers :whipa

Though Im not a mod and probably not the best person to listen to :D, To be honest I thought aop was just the same as Potc as whenever ive tried, its worked.
wink.gif
Not sure though.

Cheers, Skye

Somebody already converted the PotC music packs to CoAS, if I recall correctly.
Search the FTP and/or the forum.

Though Im not a mod and probably not the best person to listen to :D , To be honest I thought aop was just the same as Potc as whenever ive tried, its worked.
wink.gif
Not sure though.

Cheers, Skye

Thanks for the reply but before messing with my game files i am gonna wait for someone who knows for sure to tell me. Anyhow i am gonna give some atmosphere to the game, which i personally think in music besides the pirate settlements the game lacks.

Oh... and as far as I know, CoAS DOES indeed use the same music format (OGG) as AoP and PotC,
so converting the files to OGG should work. Theoretically you would also be able to add new music
without replacing by adding the tracks under another name and adding them in the appropriate INI file.

Oh... and as far as I know, CoAS DOES indeed use the same music format (OGG) as AoP and PotC,
so converting the files to OGG should work. Theoretically you would also be able to add new music
without replacing by adding the tracks under another name and adding them in the appropriate INI file.

I guess there is only one way to find out. I am going to go and try it right now, i'll be back in a while and let you guys know if it worked. Thanks Pieter Boelen.

Great news guys it works like a charm.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVnUGno_8G4 (this is the file i replaced first, main menu music)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhXbhK9tL6U

Consider these two a sample of what the music will sound like in the mod, feel free to tell me your opinion

Pieter Boelen you mentioned that theoretically i should be able to add more music without replacing by finding the appropriate INI file. Could you or anyone tell me which is the appropriate INI file? Thanks again :onya

In PotC it was RESOURCE\INI\ALIASES\music_alias.ini; there's a good chance it's the same in CoAS.

In PotC it was RESOURCE\INI\ALIASES\music_alias.ini; there's a good chance it's the same in CoAS.

Its exactly the same thanks for the info, i found it and i think it will be somewhat easy to add more music. When i finish it i will upload it somewhere and give you guys a download link in the CoAS Mini MODS section.

Excellent, we'll be looking forward to seeing your work, KR!

Cap'n Drow

For some reason it will not let me add more songs to the game when editing the music_alias.

Anyhow here's a first version of the mod: http://www.filefront.com/14126399/KingsRevenge-More-Pirate-and-Epic-Music-Mod-Beta.rar//

For some reason it will not let me add more songs to the game when editing the music_alias.
Yeah, same problem here. It appears that when you put in more than one sound file for a location type, the earlier ones just get overwriten and the game uses the last one specified. :c

Yeah, same problem here. It appears that when you put in more than one sound file for a location type, the earlier ones just get overwriten and the game uses the last one specified. :c

That's my exact problem Sordid, it really makes me mad. What it certainly allows you to do is to add a song to more that one category, for example you can have a song playing during sailing and in a tavern. Thank God this works.

Anyone who wishes to use the mod, i forgot to add to the rar the music_alias which is slightly edited so that i wont have to re upload it somewhere (i have a slow bandwidth), please do the following:

You are not forced to do this step, but if you do some songs appear in other locations as well so its highly recommended from me to do this step.

delete all the contents of your music_alias and paste these:

;============ MAIN THEME ========================

[music_main_theme]
prior = 192
name = MUSIC\03-Main Theme.ogg

;============ FINAL THEME ======================

[music_final_theme]
prior = 192
name = MUSIC\03-Main Theme.ogg

;============ GOROD, PORT, ======================

[music_gorod]
prior = 192
name = MUSIC\07-Town.ogg
name = MUSIC\11-Town2.ogg
name = MUSIC\14-Shore.ogg

[eng_music]
prior = 192
name = MUSIC\Eng_Town.ogg

[fra_music]
prior = 192
name = MUSIC\fra_Town.ogg

[hol_music]
prior = 192
name = MUSIC\hol_Town.ogg

[spa_music]
prior = 192
name = MUSIC\spa_Town.ogg

[pir_music]
prior = 192
name = MUSIC\pir_Town.ogg

[music_cave]
prior = 192
name = MUSIC\16-Sailing 3 (Old Storm).ogg

[music_jungle]
prior = 192
name = MUSIC\14-Shore.ogg
;============ SHOP, TAVERN, SHIPYARD ============

[music_shop]
prior = 192
name = MUSIC\07-Town.ogg

[music_shipyard]
prior = 192
name = MUSIC\07-Town.ogg

[music_tavern]
prior = 192
name = MUSIC\01-Tavern.ogg

[music_pir_tavern]
prior = 192
name = MUSIC\01-Tavern_korchma.ogg
name = MUSIC\pir_Town.ogg

;============ CHURCH ============================

[music_church]
prior = 192
name = MUSIC\07-Town.ogg
name = MUSIC\Church.ogg

;============= GUBERNATOR =========================

[music_gubernator]
prior = 192
name = MUSIC\07-Town.ogg

;============= SPOKPLAVANIE =======================

[music_spokplavanie]
prior = 192
name = MUSIC\01-Sailing (Night).ogg
name = MUSIC\02-Sailing (Day).ogg
name = MUSIC\06-Sailing 2 (Day).ogg
name = MUSIC\15-Sailing 2 (NIght).ogg

;============= ENPLAVANIE =========================

[music_enplavanie]
prior = 192
name = MUSIC\01-Sailing (Night).ogg
name = MUSIC\02-Sailing (Day).ogg
name = MUSIC\15-Sailing 2 (NIght).ogg

;============= STORM ==============================

[music_storm]
prior = 192
name = MUSIC\04-Storm.ogg

;============= END_STORM ==============================

[music_End_storm]
prior = 192
name = MUSIC\04-Storm.ogg

;============= MAP ================================

[music_map]
prior = 192
name = MUSIC\12-WorldMap.ogg

;============= FIGHTING ===========================

[music_bitva]
prior = 192
name = MUSIC\10-Battle.ogg
name = MUSIC\05-Battle2.ogg

;============= ABORDAGE ============================

[music_abordage]
prior = 192
name = MUSIC\08-Boarding.ogg
name = MUSIC\09-Boarding2.ogg

;============= SEA BATTLE =========================

[music_sea_battle]
prior = 192
name = MUSIC\10-Battle.ogg
name = MUSIC\05-Battle2.ogg

;============== SHIP_VICTORY ======================

[music_ship_victory]
prior = 192
name = MUSIC\17-Life.ogg

;============== SHIP_DEAD ==========================

[music_ship_dead]
prior = 192
name = MUSIC\13-Death.ogg

;============== VICTORY ============================

;============== DEATH ===============================

[music_death]
prior = 192
name = MUSIC\13-Death.ogg

;============== UNDERWATER ===============================

[music_underwater]
prior = 192
name = MUSIC\gen_amb.ogg

;============== LSC ===============================

[music_LostShipsCity]
prior = 192
name = MUSIC\LSC_track.ogg

;============== ενξχςθςλΰν ===============================
[music_teno_inside]
name = MUSIC\Teno_inside.ogg

[music_teno]
name = MUSIC\Teno.ogg

;============== Γλΰβνξε μενώ ===============================
[music_MainMenu]
name = MUSIC\MainMenu.ogg

So if you add additional "name = " lines for existing music cases (say, music_MainMenu), it DOESN'T work? :shock
Is this what you've been trying?
Code:
[music_MainMenu]
name = MUSIC\[TESTFILE].ogg

So if you add additional "name = " lines for existing music cases (say, music_MainMenu), it DOESN'T work? :shock
Is this what you've been trying?
Code:
[music_MainMenu]
name = MUSIC\[TESTFILE].ogg

Yes that is what I've been trying to say, the game seems to reject any additional music and replay those that existed in the music_alias before edited. So that means i can replace the music files already existing with the game, but i cant add new files.
What seems to be working is adding a song to play in more than one category.

Back