• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Question..What game am I working on ?

Adamski62

HoO Team Member
3D Artist
Animator
Storm Modder
Storm Modeller
Right....if I was to create new scenery models which game/project would they be for, PotC, GoF or HoO ?
Preferences please before I start any work.

Also I'd like a list of character work required,within reason, to finish existing projects.

I do intend to get started this week and fulfill some or all of the work promised before all the s^^t hit the fan two years ago. As of now I've got me hands out of my wallet & me head out of a stack of solicitors paperwork and aren't looking through the bottom of a bottle being p^^^ed off.

Time again to kick arse.

Location models can easily be shared between PotC and CoAS. Characters I'm not entirely sure of; still have to try to get your OST Privateer Barbossa for CoAS working in PotC.

As for HoO, it'd be great to have some resources for that too, of course. But because we don't even have much of a base yet, I'm not sure if we can say much specifically yet on what we need.

Barbossa model I'll convert first for PotC.

HoO....see how it goes

Damski,

If I am successful in importing the SOFS locations (which are the same as New Horizons) into GOF Eras, there will be all kinds of things that can be done creatively speaking. COAS has never had the chance to be expanded upon or interested modders/coders working on it in the numbers that NH always enjoyed. I believe it still has TONS of potential yet to be realized.

MK

Hi MK,

I did say I'd join forces ages ago so that's no problem.....still have unfinished work for NH to do as well.
Might be we're nearly ready to swap to CoAS.....the brainstorming thread has all but dried up for NH.
THE BUILD WILL NEVER DIE THOUGH :pflag

There's a lot of potential in CoAS, that I'm sure of.

I'm getting the distinct impression that progress on the Build Mod is dying down for real now though.
Especially since I don't have my old enthusiasm anymore either; not enough to keep it up much longer after 10 years...

Regarding Hearts of Oak: In terms of location resources, what we would need is individual buildings, rather than entire location models.
The way I understand it, the islands are being made accurately (scaled down, though), and we will need to populate them with separate assets using the UDK.
It's a much nicer system, and it will be easier to reuse assets in other locations when needed.
As for specifics, I'd say buildings to be situated in ports would be first in line.

New locations for the Storm games are still welcome, though. :onya

As are character models, of course. Especially ones we can use to replace inappropriate storyline ones, such as still several in the Jack Sparrow storyline... :wp

Never quit Pieter

THE BUILD WILL NEVER DIE :pflag

A question for consideration:

Once the first version of HoO is released, why not let the Build Mod die? We'll have a vastly superior platform to work on, and more importantly, one that is completely free. The Build Mod has accomplished some great things, but we need to ask ourselves this: How much more can we add and is it worth the effort?

I'm not suggesting we quit; I see HoO as a continuation of the Build Mod under the same guiding principles. Only this time, we'll be able to surpass the limits of the Storm Engine and make the game we truly want.

I agree we should concentrate on HoO as our flagship project once it really gets under way, and official patches for the Build Mod will almost certainly stop being released by that point.
However, that's not to say people won't want to carry on making smaller mods for PotC. I think that's what Damski's getting at really, that the Build will continue to evolve by small amounts even without official patches.
I suspect with MK's Eras mod, and Pirates Odyssey soon to be released in English, more interest will be generated for modding the Storm Engine for quite a while, so it's not ready to give up yet. :aar

Once the first version of HoO is released, why not let the Build Mod die?
1. Maybe not all modders will move over to HOO.
2. Isn't the Build Mod a result of the modders work and not a decision from above?

As long as modders continue their work it's alive.

True and true. Though it seems to me that development on the Build Mod has pretty much grinded to a halt.
Maybe I can at least throw all the latest content together some time soon and post another update. That'd be something at least.

Back