• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Questions about combat

Tim Murphy

Landlubber
hey guys! im new to Pirates Ahoy! and POTC and I started playing with build 14 and I get to the land combat sections (including boarding) and I die almost instantly! is there anyway to fix this? its extremely frustrating and making the game unplayable.

Thanks in Advance!

Best thing to do is to Block all the time, then attack when your opponent is not attacking. Don't forget you can dodge backwards as well if you've got the space.
Get yourself a better weapon, use bandaids and potions in mid-fight with the C-key to heal yourself and buy armor once it shows up.

Usually putting your bow straight to your enemies's stern will allow a boarding. Try getting the skills for master boarding.

Another Question how do you board?? I get right up close to ship but cant board

The game takes into consideration the speed of the ships. So if you are going too fast as you go alongside the ship you are trying to board then you will not be allowed to board ( and the other ship will not be allowed to board you).

So you must try and get your speed to be about the same as the ship you are trying to board.

:duel:

In addition to Pieter's advice, make sure that the game speed is x1 before you board. I went x10 to speed up the process of catching up to the ship I was trying to board and then once I boarded, I died instantly in superspeed! :ko

Back