• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Need Help Questions about moneylender

V

Valium

Hello.
I would like to leave my 700 000 gold in moneylender, who is placed in Martinque - the island is belonging to France.
- I would like to find out, if it's possible that my money would be stolen, because of attack on this city?
- Can you tell me if it's possible to get more than 2% of the initial amount?

Hello.

- Can you tell me if it's possible to get more than 2% of the initial amount?

I think the amount of interest earned on a deposit with a moneylender is influenced by the players Commerce ( Trade ) skill.

The following code appears in the Usurer_dialog.c file --- in the Program \DIALOGS \ russian folder:read

Code:
case "deposit":
dialog.text = LinkRandPhrase(DLG_TEXT_BASE[232], DLG_TEXT_BASE[233], DLG_TEXT_BASE[234]);
link.l1.edit = 3;
link.l1 = "";
Link.l1.go = "result";
break;

case "result":
Pchar.QuestTemp.Deposits.(NPC_Area).Interest = makeint(GetCharacterSkillToOld(Pchar, "commerce")/2.0 + 0.33) + 1;   <<<<-------------
Pchar.QuestTemp.Deposits.(NPC_Area).Sum = dialogEditStrings[3];
iTemp = sti(dialogEditStrings[3]);
if (iTemp <= 0)
{
dialog.text = DLG_TEXT_BASE[235];
link.l1 = DLG_TEXT_BASE[236];
link.l1.go = "exit";
break;
}
if (iTemp > sti(pchar.money))
{
dialog.text = DLG_TEXT_BASE[237];
link.l1 = DLG_TEXT_BASE[238];
link.l1.go = "exit";
break;
}
dialog.text = DLG_TEXT_BASE[239] + Pchar.QuestTemp.Deposits.(NPC_Area).Interest + DLG_TEXT_BASE[240];
Link.l1 = DLG_TEXT_BASE[241];
Link.l1.go = "Deposit_placed";
Link.l2 = DLG_TEXT_BASE[242];
Link.l2.go = "Deposit";
Link.l3 = DLG_TEXT_BASE[243];
Link.l3.go = "Exit";
break;

:drunk

6% is the highest I've seen. And yes, you can lose it if the city is captured. The safest spots are the nation capitals - they can't be taken over, so for France - Tortuga is safe. (I don't use any mods, so if it's different for GOF, I know nothing.)

I gave my money to moneylender in Jamaica. Tortuga could be captured, because I remember when I had to safe this city once.

Back