• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

Questions

Nik3

Landlubber
1)How can I start a new game with 3 companions and 3 ships?
2) It is possible to have more than 3 ships?

1) Not sure; should be possible somehow, but I never did it.

2) You can have four ship maximum, one of your own and three of your companions. Not more.

1. I have never heard of anyone, ever, being able to code or pull that one off.
It must be hard coded.

2. Like Pieter said, only 4 ships.

1. You might do some experimenting with this code in PROGRAM\Characters\characters_init.c:<!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->    ch.ShipSlot1.Type=SHIP_NOTUSED;
    ch.ShipSlot1.Name="NoName";
    ch.ShipSlot2.Type=SHIP_NOTUSED;
    ch.ShipSlot2.Name="NoName";
    ch.ShipSlot3.Type=SHIP_NOTUSED;
    ch.ShipSlot3.Name="NoName";<!--c2--></div><!--ec2-->
I do think it's possible somehow, but I don't think anybody ever seriously tried. Why bother anyway, when you can just give yourself some officers with the console:<!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->            ch = CreateOfficer_Cheat(OFFIC_TYPE_NAVIGATOR, "Dan_TG3", 0, PERSONAL_NATION, false);
            SetOfficersIndex(pchar, -1, GetCharacterIndex(ch.id));
            ch = CreateOfficer_Cheat(OFFIC_TYPE_QMASTER, "33_TG5D", 0, PERSONAL_NATION, false);
            ch = CreateOfficer_Cheat(OFFIC_TYPE_CANNONEER, "50_India", 0, PERSONAL_NATION, false);
            ch = CreateOfficer_Cheat(OFFIC_TYPE_CAPNAVY, "50_33_40Claire", 3, PERSONAL_NATION, false);
            ch = CreateOfficer_Cheat(OFFIC_TYPE_CAPNAVY, "50LCroft", 3, ENGLAND, false);
            ch = CreateOfficer_Cheat(OFFIC_TYPE_CAPNAVY, "Searcher_Navy", 3, PERSONAL_NATION, false);<!--c2--></div><!--ec2-->
Then go to the shipyard and buy the ships you want.

Back