• New Horizons on Maelstrom
    Maelstrom New Horizons

Visit our website www.piratehorizons.com to quickly find download links for the newest versions of our New Horizons mods Beyond New Horizons and Maelstrom New Horizons!

QUESTS......WHAT'S IN THE PIPELINE ?

Adamski62

HoO Team Member
3D Artist
Animator
Storm Modder
Storm Modeller
Hi all,

Before I start doing new models again, (approx two\three weeks), for POTC,.....what is actually needed in regards to doing characters and locations for, (& new POTC film like), storylines ?

The last thing I need ATM is waisted time doing things to put in store for later though.

So requests for serious stuff only please:onya,......but all will be taken into account in due course later as time allows.

I'm in the UK again for a couple of weeks from next Saturday but will be up and running full time when I get back to BG.

Cheers
damski.

That's sounds great! And fair enough that you'd prefer not to waste your time doing character models that aren't readily going to be used.
Luckily, we still need several PotC story characters that are already used as characters in the game, but we don't have proper models for:
- Elizabeth Swan model with pants: This way we wouldn't need to swap from "Liza" (stock game Elizabeth look-a-like) to "50_Becka"
- Governor Weatherby Swan: He's used quite a lot as he replaces John Clifford Brin as governor of Jamaica at some point in the storyline
- Pirate lords in use for Sidequests: Sao Feng (including two Chinese female bodyguards), Eduardo Villanueva, Gentleman Jocard (including "slave" version) and Ammand the Corsair
- Various pirate crewmembers: Anamaria and Pintel would be the most useful, though Cotton and Bos'un could be put to use too
- Mr. Mercer: He is used in the story, but not much yet
- Bootstrap Bill Turner (including young version): Not high priority, as he "looks just like [Will]" so we can use the Will character model for now
- More accurate James Norrington skins (including pirate versions): Not high priority as we do have old versions

Any of the above will see instant usage in the game.

Any of Davy Jones' crew would be good ( to replace the seaweed skeletons used at the moment ) :yes

OK Pieter.....that's not much of a list........:D

I'll start when I get back:onya

Talisman......I've got to play AWE again to get the models, lost them when my HD got nuked by my stupidity........sh^t:facepalm

PS.....Merry Christmas :monkeydance :monkeydancexD....might be finished for then.

LOL! As I said, ANY of them would be appreciated. I'm not telling you to make ALL of them! :razz

And I agree with Talisman: Davy Jones' crew would be useful too. Though since they all have such a distinct look, that might be a bit tricky.
Just one between a bunch of seaweed skeletons would look weird, but clones of the same crewmember would be just as weird.
So unless you can make a "generic" Davy Jones crewmember, it would require several of them to look natural.
That'd be a bigger project than just choosing a single of the above.

Anyway, whatever you do will be welcome! :bow

(Edit: And that's two more forum emoticons fixed. They don't look 100% the same as they did before, but they're close.)

LOL; I saw it! :wp

(Edit: And the whistling smiley returns too. But does anyone still have the PIRATE version of it?)

(Edit 2: Never mind. :facepalm )

(Edit 3: Well the face-slapping pirate smiley IS missing. Anyone still have THAT one then?)

The Davey Jones model took me about ....well...God knows how long to do, about six months
Thankfully it takes a fraction of the time to do em now.

Quite an epic addition to the game though; really most welcome, so once more: THANKS A LOT! :bow

Anyway.....back on track, I only need to watch the films again to get the said characters looks & play DMC & AWE again to make it easier for modeling :cheeky , (apart from DMC & AWE being not realy good PC game experiences, (crap in other words, console control rubbish, SORRY DISNEY !), then we're sorted :pflag .

Back